Monday, March 28, 2011

Super Sick and Happy


So I'm sick. I've been sick for a while now. About a week. I even broke out the adult cold medicine (for those of you not in the know, I am a notorious light weight where over the counter cold medicines are concerned. It's the kids' stuff or a coma.). It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking I have something other than a super ass kicking flu. I'm starting to suspect that I have mono. I've had it before and now I think I might have it again.

Oh joy.

At the risk of offending people, Gatorade and saltines are my new best friends.

Right now I am in a cold medicine induced haze, sitting on my couch watching the Game Show Network because that's all the brain power I currently have. My favorite show on the GSN has got to be Lingo. My reasons for loving this game do absolutely nothing for arguments over my level of maturity because- and I admit this freely- I snicker every damn time Chuck Woolery says to a contestant, "reach in and grab yourself a couple of balls."

Every damn time.

A couple of years ago, I created a Lingo drinking game which was great fun except that if one was playing the game in earnest, one would likely need to seek treatment for alcohol poisoning by the end of an half hour show because there was just so much on which to pick.

At the top of this particular episode, Chuck and his sidekick, Shandi, were talking about the benefits of being on top. It was almost too much for my drugged out mind to bear.

Almost, but not quite.

I also love to watch reruns of Match Game on the GSN. I always end up matching with Charles Nelson Reilly. I don't know what that says about me but I like to think that it says I'm awesome.

Speaking of awesome, Jolene Perry is having a Week of Happy on her blog, Been Writing? (and no, I haven't been. At least not today.). Today's topic is Happy Music. What are the songs that always make you smile? Here are some of mine:


The Kinks' Everybody's Gonna Be Happy is my go to song when I'm in a less than stellar happy mood. This is generally when I'm on my way into work, sitting in my car and trying to work up the will to walk across the parking lot. Plus, it's just a good song to groove to. And you know how I love to groove. Especially when I've been hitting the adult cold medicine.

And then there's Dr. Horrible. Whenever I am in a terrible mood (co-workers, I'm looking at you), I engage in a little Dr. Horrible therapy and then, suddenly, I don't hate the world quite as much. I still want to rule it though...



What music makes you happy? Tell me below because I just have to know. Now, where did I leave that bottle of DayQuil?

4 comments:

  1. So, I definitely instantly smile whenever I hear "Laundry Day," it's just so upbeat! I also like "Love Today" by Mika a lot, that one puts me in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing but you still made me laugh :) Chicken soup, all I'm saying. Music that makes me happy... I saw the Kinks once, BTW. That is such a varied question, I love music in general. Hope you feel better soon.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of alternative rock on my iPod and it makes me smile and the hours fly by. Hope you get your 'really bad cold/mono' checked out and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This illness crap must be everywhere since I have had no voice for four damn days and begin to snore and drool whenever I'm not vertical (and sometimes when I am). /rant

    I hope you feel better really soon.

    As for a happy song - The smart ass in me wants to say Sunshine Day by the Brady Bunch.

    But for real, it depends on my mood. There's so many to choose from.

    Got My Mojo Working - Muddy Waters
    Say Hey - Michael Franti
    (Thank God)The Tiki Bar Is Open - John Hiatt
    Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

    I could go on and on. Sheesh, maybe I need to ruthlessly steal this idea for my own blog. Hmmmmmm *evilly rubs hands together*

    ReplyDelete