Tuesday, February 8, 2011

NiNoWriMo


I don't know how I came across it. One blog led me to another blog which led me to NiNoWriMo and because I'm such a joiner (bonus points to anyone who laughed out loud at the idea of me being a joiner), I decided to give it a whirl.

NiNoWriMo is the brainchild of blogger Ali Cross and stands for Ninja Novel Writing Month which does not mean that I have to write a ninja novel. Not that I have anything against ninja novels because I don't. I just don't have the knowledge necessary to write such a novel. It may hold true that I don't have the knowledge necessary to write any such novel but that remains to be seen. The concept of NiNoWriMo is simple: write a damn novel. Or, if you're one of the fortunate people with the ability to finish a novel, you can participate in Ali's NiNoReMo (Ninja Novel Revising Month). Someday I hope to be able to participate in the NiNoReMo experience.

Someday.

But until then, I am going to work, ninja style (I've got my black pajamas and Hanzo sword (bonus points if you can Name That Reference!)) on Second Nature and see if I can't make a serious dent in that damn WIP. I don't expect to finish the book. I don't know if that's me being realistic or pessimistic but it's going to be a rather long novel and here it is, February 8th, and I have yet to do anything with the story this month.

Details.

The best part is, if I don't make it happen in the month of February, I can try again in March because, as Ali tells us, every month is NiNoWriMo. Me thinks I may stand a fighting chance...if only I can get out of the way of myself.

Again, details are a bitch.

So head out to Ali's blog and check out the other NiNoWriMo participants. If any of you happen to be reading this blog, I wish you the very best of luck.

Thundercats, ho! (and no, I don't mean Cheetara...)

5 comments:

  1. Get 'em, Haleine! I'm in the middle of revisions right now, but I know I'll be a writing ninja again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alex.

    Good luck with the revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! MJ you are freakin' awesome! I loved your "write a damn novel!" best description of NiNo WriMo EVAH.

    Girl, you can totally do this. And if you don't, I'll totally kick your butt. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali's so cool.
    And I LOVE the idea of the A-Z challenge but I'm gonna sit that one out and watch...
    April is the first month with any hope of warmth. I will be outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...Ali is quite cool.

    I'm working on my list of topics for the A-Z challenge. I'm so glad I started now because I might actually know what I'm doing come April. Might being the operative word, of course.

    ReplyDelete