Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shhh...


You'll have to come closer because I don't want to say what I'm about to say very loudly. See, some things have worked themselves out or are in the process of doing so and I'm afraid if I get too overtly excited over these developments that the Fates will take notice and come and step once again on my neck until I have been put back down in my rightful place.

An experience, you'll understand, that I would like to avoid.

First of all, my head is starting to feel better. The aching has lessened to the point where I actually made it through an entire day without wanting to (a) cut the damn thing off or (b) swallow an entire bottle of ibuprofen (cap and all). In fact, I haven't had a single pill today. Good for me, right? Someone told me the super headache is just a precursor to a super flu that's been going around. My initial response was "great...something to look forward to" but I'm hoping that it just might pass me by. This coming week is not a good week for me to be sick. The week after would be much more convenient. Just something for the Fates to keep in mind.

Second of all, the Gatoroid (the Gator Girl has been rechristened the 'Gatoroid' in honor of the new SyFy channel's Saturday night move 'Mega Python Versus Gatoroid' staring pop idols Debbie Gibson and Tiffany) and I kicked some serious Simon Says ass during our obedience class today. We won not one but two rounds of Simon Says (out of two rounds played). We take obedience class Simon Says very seriously and, as a result, we are an unstoppable team. Unless Teri and Ori are present. Then we usually tie. Or just lose outright. They too are an unstoppable Simon Says team.

Third of all, Vader seems to maybe- just maybe- be regaining some appetite. In addition to the cat treats (for weeks now, cat treats are all she will eat), she will now eat dry cat food. If you're hand feeding her. She won't eat it from a dish but she'll take it from your hand. Not the most convenient thing ever, sure, but since the cat is nothing but skin and bones, I'll take it. Even if it means getting up earlier in order to work in her private feeding session. Joe maintains he will not do this but I caught him at it this afternoon.

And finally, I think I may have made some progress in my WIP. I think I may have figured out what the hell to do with that one character and the four scenes that I have been taking out and putting back in only to take out to put back in. The character is staying in as are three of his four scenes. Plus, he gets one new scene (he's very happy about this). Writing again feels so damn good. I don't want to say that I've completely conquered the writer's block problem but I think the trebuchet has made some serious damage.

So much good...kind of makes me wonder when and how it'll all go wrong.

I know, I know. Not the attitude I should take (and yet...).

So remember...mum's the word. Bonus points to whomever can name the origin of that phrase.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, well... all we can do is just keep trudging thru the unknown. I love that about writing. I cam honestly say I haven't had major writer's block yet. I think I just write it out as fast as possible and come back to it later. You can always add in an extra scene or chapter with revisions.

    Your story sounds really great! I'm just now starting my epic fantasy YA story, so I'll be enjoying seeing how you're coming along with yours.

    ReplyDelete