Thursday, January 27, 2011

Headaches and Horoscopes


My head still hurts. I can't shake this damn headache. It's making me rather cranky. It's not quite at migraine status yet but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up there shortly because this thing sucks and nothing seems to be making a dent in it.

Also making me cranky is my work schedule for next week. Yesterday (or whenever I last blogged), I said The Store's inventory is coming. Well, the date's been announced. It's to be held this coming Thursday, as in a week from today. This means that my hours have exploded. An expected development, sure, but still, it makes me cranky to know I'll be spending the next week counting socks and key chains and tee shirts (oh GOD the tee shirts...there are so many of them) and flip flops because, yes, the company sent us flip flops.

Nothing says January/February in the Mount Washington Valley like a nice selection of flip flops. They're your perfect all weather footwear, after all.

So, in other news, the Conway Daily Sun's horoscopes are continuing their alarming trend of deadly accuracy. Here's what was in the paper a couple of days ago:

You are not overly results driven, though in regard to a certain goal, your patience is running thin. You enjoy the journey, but you still really want to get to the destination.

Hells yeah, I do. Even if I lately received some compelling evidence as to how much I shouldn't want to do that. It came in the form of a blog written by freelance writer, Chuck Wendig, called "No, Seriously, I'm Not Fucking Around, You Really Don't Want To Be A Writer". I highly recommend this article. It made me laugh so hard, I cried. Then I cried because what he says is so damn true. You want to know what it's like to be an aspiring writer? Read this.

Life would be so much easier if my big ambition was to be the bestest lunch lady that ever was. Want a scoop of instant mashed potatoes with that, kid? Great.

Anyway, here's what my horoscope is today:

You have a terrific amount of drive, and what matters is how you channel it. Keep it simple. If you can stay focused on one task for a few hours, you'll make a significant difference.

So I'm guessing spending this time divided between Twitter (yes, I joined Twitter. I'm using the handle AuthorMJFifield if you'd like to follow me. Sometimes I actually do tweet or whatever it's called), Facebook and this blog probably isn't helping me out any, huh?

Back to it...

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope you feel better, and that inventory doesn't stress you out too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get feeling better real soon. And I Twitter but in spurts. Haven't done much with it lately.

    ReplyDelete