Thursday, December 2, 2010

November 2010 Book Report

This is a couple of days late, I know. I'm sure you all having been waiting anxiously computer side to find out just what books I managed to read last month. I'll be honest with you...I didn't read a whole hell of a lot in November. I had all these good intentions (isn't the world founded on good intentions?) to do otherwise but it just didn't work out. Blame NaNoWriMo. Blame the two biggest shopping weekends of the entire year. Blame me because I was just too damn tired to do anything more.

Anyway, here's what I did manage to accomplish:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- J.K. Rowling- My fave book, I think, in the entire series. I read the British edition and I have to allow myself a moment of immaturity when I read the line said by one of the Wesley twins. It’s the scene where the gang’s talking about the stress of OWLs and George (I think) says, “We managed to keep our peckers up somehow.” I had to go get the American edition and see how this was translated because I didn’t remember reading that line. It was translated as “we managed to keep our spirits up somehow.” Jolly good fun.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- J.K.. Rowling- The start of the Great Snape Debate. Is he good, is he evil? I absolutely hate the part where Harry and Malfoy fight because of what Harry does to Malfoy (sectrsemptra) because it’s scary. I love the Christmas scene where Harry says he’s Dumbledore’s man through and through. That’s the scene I missed seeing in the movie.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- J.K. Rowling- I read somewhere where someone thought this book should be called “Harry Potter and the Overlong Camping Trip.” It’s not my favorite book of the series (See “Order of the Phoenix”) but it’s a great end to a fantastic story…even if Harry gave his children stupid names.

Shades of Midnight- Lara Adrian- The next in her sexy vampire series. I don’t know why I keep reading them except that they’re a quick easy read and as I am scrambling to accomplish at least one of the goals I set back in January, I happen to be in need of quick easy reads. Don’t judge. At least not until next month when I start my Sweet Valley High retrospective…

And well, that's all she read, folks. Let's check and see where this total lack of progress sticks me as we enter the final month of 2010...

November Books: 4

Year To Date Total: 92

Books Remaining: 8

8 books. 8 damn books. All right. I can do eight books. Probably. I've done it before (maybe not in December) and I can do it again. I mean, it's not like I'm going to be spending December baking Christmas cookies (funny typo alert: I first typed 'bookies' instead of 'cookies'...made me laugh) or anything.

If you need me for anything (besides the baking of any sort of holiday anything), I'll be on the couch with my nose in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment