Saturday, October 23, 2010

And The Winner Is...


Today I am going to reveal both the answers to the Movie Quote Quiz and the Winner of our game. Because we do have a winner, even if she claims she's not at all competitive and was just participating for the fun of it all...

First of all, the answers:

1. "It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed."

This is from the movie "Gladiator" and is said by Commodious played by Jaoquin Phoenix. And no, I have no idea if I spelled any of those names correctly.

2. " I don't know what brand of vacuum you're currently using but the electrolux is the biggest sucker of them all."

This appears in the comedy "Undercover Blues" and is said by Jeff Blue played by Dennis Quaid. Seriously funny film.

3. "Remember to go real slow."

This is from "Sneakers" and is said by Mother played by Dan Ackroyd. Another awesome film. And yes, Alison, the line "My voice is my passport. Verify me" is also from this movie.

4. "Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left."

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail", said by King Arthur while battling the Black Knight. A hysterically funny film, if you're not Alison. If you're Alison, it's like the best sleep aid ever. Don't feel bad, Alison. Heather feels the same way.

5. "Don't forget to kill Phillip!"

"Shaun of the Dead" said by Ed (Nick Frost) to Shaun (Simon Pegg) as a reminder to kill his stepfather, Phillip, who they suspect has been turned into a zombie.

6. "I aim to misbehave."

This is obviously from my favorite movie in life, "Serenity", and is said by Captain Tightpants himself, Malcolm Reynolds as he plans to take down the Alliance. Oh, Serenity (and Joss Whedon), how I love thee.

7. "This may sound like gibberish to you but I think I'm in a tragedy."

Alas, the quote that tripped up both our contestants. It's from the film "Stranger Than Fiction" and is said by Will Farrell's character, Harold Crick. If you haven't seen this movie, I can't recommend it enough. It's freaking brilliant. And don't get turned off by Will Farrell because I know a lot of people aren't fans of his stupid comedies (myself among them) but this is so not one of those movies. I created a lesson plan revolving around this movie because I wanted an excuse to show it in school and watch it repeatedly over a couple of days. Watch it now!!

8. "Next time, Jack, write a goddamn memo."

You're right...it's from "The Hunt For Red October" and is said by Jack Ryan (Alec Baldwin) as he's flying on a stripped down oil can (helicopter) to save Sean Connery's ass.

9. "If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!"

"Steel Magnolias" said by Clairee Belcher (Olympia Dukaksis). This movie is so much fun!!

10. "He really is in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing."

Helen Hunt says this in the movie "Twister", talking about the movie's villain, Cary Elwes. I was going to go with the line, "We've got cows!" but I thought it would be too damn obvious. My other favorite line from that movie, "This is like Bob's Road!" seemed a little too obscure.

And there you have it. All the answers to all the quotes. So there leaves only one thing left to do. Announce the winner of our game. So, without further delay, the winner, with seven of ten correct, is...

Alison

(insert flashing lights and whistles and bells and fireworks here)

Woo Hoo, and congratulations to you, Alison. We here at My Pet Blog salute you. And, as your prize, you get to pick the next game. And since you've already requested a TV Quotes game, that's what I'm working on now. I'm just having a really hard time with this one. I mean, how I can pick only one Buffy quote? That's like asking me which one of my dogs I love more (whichever one is sleeping...I mean, I love them equally, I swear!).

That's it for all. Tune in tomorrow (same Bat time, same Bat channel) when maybe, just maybe, I'll have my TV Quote Quiz up and running. Until then, stay cool.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the movie quiz game, but didn't have time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you did have a pretty busy week.

    ReplyDelete