Sunday, July 11, 2010

My New Favorite Blog and Other Things

So, I'm sitting here, watching the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family channel, getting misty-eyed whenever I see Fred or George Weasley and waiting to see more behind the scenes clips about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part One to be released November 2010, Part Two in July 2011 (guess where I'll be spending my birthday next year)), and read from my new favorite blog, Mark Reads Twilight.

It's a blog written by a 25 year old man (well, 25 when he started writing it) who is reading and review each chapter of Stephenie Meyer's vampire love story series that's sadly been sweeping the nation. I'm not much of a fan. And yet, I've read the entire series not once, but twice and have seen the first two movies (at home...not in the theater, mind you). Mark isn't much of a fan either. He spends a lot of time lament the crapiness of the series in no uncertain terms. If you're easily offended by foul language, you should probably skip this site.

This is not to say that all he does is swear about this series because he doesn't. Yes, he mocks it and quite well, I might add, but he's also often quite serious about some of the fundamentally bothersome things about Bella Swan's supposed feminism and Edward Cullen's being a frakking stalker-ism. Because he is and you know it.

I'm almost finished reading his review of New Moon and seriously, I can't wait to read his review of Breaking Dawn because that was the book that disgusted me the most. And yet, I've read it twice.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

I also don't know what's wrong with people who are willing to read the Twilight series and won't give Harry Potter the time of day. I kind of find it insulting as a writer that there are people who are like that.

Vampires shouldn't sparkle.

'Nuff said.

Here's one of the trailers for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Can I wait in line for it now?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Twilight stuff, so I don't feel authorized to make derogatory remarks, though from what I've heard, I really want to.

    But I agree 100%. Vampires should definitely not sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to mock it. Not read it, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. It's really rather remarkable how mockable this series is. Really doesn't say much for me that I've read it twice and moaned and groaned through both times.

    ReplyDelete