Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Session

So I really want to rant and rave about how very much I hate contractors because I really, really do hate them and they happen to be giving me a hard time as of late. The yard project, as I am sure you can guess, is not going to plan.

But I am not going to rant and rave about how very much I hate contractors. At least not today. Today I'm trying to be zen and whatever, trying to rise about the blood boiling frustration. So instead of ranting and raving about how very much I hate contractors, I am going to blog about what I'm watching on television this summer.

About which I will not have to rant and rave.

So You Think You Can Dance (Fox, Wednesday and Thursday nights). I don't think I can dance (unless I've had too much to drink first) but I really appreciate the dancing done on this show. I'm not crazy about many of the Top 11 yet just as I wasn't really crazy about a lot of the dancers last season either. Really, since the summers of Twitch and Katie and Brandon and Ginette and Jeannine...those two summers maybe have ruined it for me. And I haven't decided how I feel about the 'all stars' either. I'm thrilled to see Twitch and Courtney again but it feels like a different show and I kind of liked the old format. But as for this summer's actual contestants, I think Billy Bell is cute and Alex the Miami ballet guy is pretty damn awesome. Kent- the kid from small town Ohio- is really a lot of fun to watch and listen to. His post performance interviews with Cat and the judges always elicit gales of laughter. I hope he sticks around for a while because he's just so damn funny. The other contestants haven't really made that much of an impression on me. I hope they get it together soon. Robert did an Argentine Tango this past week that really didn't do anything for me and I love a good Argentine Tango.

Burn Notice (USA network, Thursdays). Now this show I love. I frakking love it so frakking much. I've always been a sucker for a good spy show and this is a great spy show. I'm not entirely sold on the new cast member, Jesse whatever his name but I still love Michael and Fiona and Sam. Joe complains that the guy who plays Sam is just a terrible, terrible actor but I think he's great. Maddie and Fiona are my favorites.

Royal Pains (USA network, Thursdays). I like this show a lot. It's good summer fun as the promos say. I want Hank's father to go away and stop causing problems, even if he is the Fonz. I'd also like to see Hank doing some good for the other people in the Hamptons. Remember at the start of the show when he helped that fisherman who couldn't afford a doctor? What happened to that kind of stuff? Now Hank's jet setting to embargoed communist countries and Evan's getting kidnapped? Don't lose sight, show creators, of what made the first season so much fun. Also, I think it's time to check in again with the kid (whose name I currently cannot think of) and his girlfriend Libby.

Lie To Me (Fox, Mondays). Joe and I sporadically watch this show but we generally have a good time with it when we do. I love shows with a mouthy British guy, I guess. There have been a couple of good episodes lately, one guest staring Jason Dohring of Veronica Mars fame.

The Good Guys (Fox, Mondays). Well, I don't know that I've actually watched an entire episode from start to finish yet (TUCKER!!! The kid in Royal Pains? His name is TUCKER!) but it's generally on because it follows Lie To Me but I think I end up reading through most of it. But what I have seen is fun and certainly entertaining. So weird to see Bradley Whitford in this role because I can generally only think of him as Josh Lyman.

Psych (USA network, Wednesdays). So this show hasn't yet started up again this summer but it's coming back on July 13th and I'll totally be there to see it. I don't know what made this show must watch television for me, but something happened and I fell deeply, deeply in love with Shawn and Gus.

Hmmm...I think that's it. I mean, I watch the Red Sox (now Pedrioa and Bucholtz are hurt too?) a lot and right now I'm checking out Wimbledon and will later watch The US Open but for scripted or 'reality' television, I think that's about it. I'm planning to check out USA's new show Covert Ops when it gets going next month. It's a spy show and you know I love spy shows but I worry about the lead actress. Here's hoping we'll be pleasantly surprised.

What are you watching this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment