Friday, November 27, 2009

Crunch Time

So, it's crunch time, otherwise known the last weekend of the NaNoWriMo experiment. It happens to correspond with the busiest shopping weekend of the year which means I have to work. A lot. At least there were no annoying customers today. Unexpected but certainly welcomed. I'm hoping the rest of the weekend goes as smooth.

But anyway, back to NaNoWriMo. The good news is I'm only 5,500 words away from my goal of 50,000 words. The bad news is I have no idea what the hell those words will be.

The story took a weird, unexpected twist and I don't know if I like it or how to write it really. But I still have to write a sex scene (for what is a chick lit novel without a sex scene?) and two dream sequences so I think that might eat up most of my words. The sex scene would have been written a couple of weekends ago but I got so worked up over the Patriots losing to the Colts that I couldn't focus on anything else. And now every time I try to go back to it, I'm only reminded of that disastrous fourth quarter and then nothing gets done. But I'm going to have to get over it now because time's running out.

The bottom line is, sex scene and dream sequences aside, there won't be a definitive end to the book. At least not by the end of the month. But, fortunately, that's not a necessity for the NaNoWriMo people. And pretty typical for my work.

I like this story enough that I think I am going to work on it past December 1st but I don't know when or how much or, you know, anything like that.

All I know is that I have 5,500 words to write and one weekend in which to write them.

I was feeling so confidant earlier this week. Now I'm feeling the pressure.

It's crunch time. So let's get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment