Monday, November 2, 2009

Cat Snot and No Plot

Brought Scaredy Cat back to the vet today. It was another re-check appointment after the latest round of medications. We didn't have the rousing success that we had had earlier this year. There's still some sneezing (but very little discharge) but not a lot. There's still some wheezing but not a lot. This led Dr. Alfred to develop a new theory. My cat (possibly) has asthma.

Fortunately, it doesn't come with a little cat inhaler or anything. Just more steroids. It's another experiment, I guess. I keep giving her steroids (possibly for the rest of her life) and it'll help keep her healthy. I have to call in a week and give him a progress report. And we'll go from there.

In other news, I'm officially two days into NaNoWriMo. I stayed up until midnight Halloween night so that I could start writing right away. I was jazzed, I was ready...

I was delusional.

Don't know what I thought might happen. A beautiful, error free manuscript would just pour out of me onto my laptop. That would be the most likely suspect, wouldn't it? It didn't quite happen that way.

I started with the notes I had scribbled down earlier. I wrote my dialogue that I wanted to write. I started to add to the dialogue, adding stuff before and after the dialogue. And then things came to a screeching halt as I realized I don't have a plot.

Turns out a plot might be kind of important.

The goal is to write 1,667 words a day in order to stay on par with the 50,000 words by month's end. Which is about 69 words an hour. Which is little over one word a minute. And that's working twenty four hours a day with no sleep or interruptions.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. What I meant to say is that my goal for yesterday was to hit 1,667 words. I ended up with 1,612 words. Most of them crap. And I hate it. I really, really hate it.

This was supposed to be fun, right?

I need to stumble onto a plot and quickly too. I am trying to steer a rudderless ship or whatever and the novelty has worn off.

But yet, I am committed (or should be...) to this. I will do my utmost to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment