Thursday, October 1, 2009

National Blog Writing Month

Yes, apparently there is such a thing and it's the month of October.

There was also a deadline, which I inadvertently missed, so I am an unofficial participant in National Blog Writing Month. If you go to this site, you can see the list of the official participants.

What you have to do is blog. Once a day for the entire month.

So, I figured I'd give it a shot. What the hell.

And since today is the first of October, here is my first NaBlWriMo entry. It may not be the most interesting entry but, as far as I know, interesting entries are not required.

I don't really have a lot to say. Had to work again today. Spent half of it moving the women's denim wall from one corner of the store to another corner of the store. Spent the other half processing the day's shipments. The Fed Ex Man did not bring me any repackaged boxes, so that was a nice change.

He also reported that he had to drive through a snow storm on his way to the store today which means there's snow in Crawford Notch. Yikes. The first of October and there's snow. I can't tell if there's snow on Mount Washington (because it's too cloudy...not because of Marie's monster garage) but I'm guessing there is.

Speaking of Marie, she's mounting another attack on my trees. If you're new to My Pet Blog, you may not know about my neighbor, Marie. We sometimes call her Crazy Marie which is mean and judgmental but, at the same time, kind of true. Anyway, she apparently hates trees. Don't know why. Maybe she had a bad tree experience as a small child or something but she hates trees. Well, maybe she doesn't hate them, exactly. But she's certainly not a fan of shade. She wants sun and lots of it. Right now, my trees are standing in the way of her sun.

Because her three and a half story (the fourth floor is a little observation tower/cupola thing, complete with weather vane) (non) residential garage doesn't block any sun. But whatever.

So yeah, she wants us to cut down our trees. Not all of them. Just the big ones and you know, some of the other ones. She's even willing to pay half or three quarters of the bill. I guffawed at that one and told her that if we decided to take any trees down, then she was paying for the whole damn thing because I get plenty of sun.

She's now stepping up her efforts. She came over a couple of Sundays ago, right after the Patriots lost (which, by the way, is not a good time to ask me anything.). Monday she sent over her arborist. I fortunately was not home but he got to meet the dogs. Sebastian has a big boy bark that tends to scare the crap out of people who don't know him. The arborist left his card in the door. The following Sunday, Marie sent the arborist over again. I was in the shower, so Joe got to talk to him. Joe came away from the meeting saying he was starting to get irritated with Marie.

"Starting?" I asked. "Where have you been?"

I've been irritated with Marie since she moved in seven and a half years ago.

Anyway, I digress. I was talking about how freaking cold it is. It's currently fifty nine degrees in my bedroom right now which means I should probably put the heat on up there but I really, really, don't like to do that this early. I like to make it to November before I turn the heat on. We usually don't make it to November though because Joe usually breaks before then. My philosophy is 'put on a sweater'. Joe's philosophy is 'turn the heat to seventy.'

My dinner's ready (stew and biscuits) so I guess that'll do for now. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment