Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update #1

Wow. I am in a good mood today. Must be that whole not working thing.

But I am working. I'm writing.

I'm making notes aplenty for my NaNoWriMo project. I'm writing scenes for Second Nature. Ideas are flying fast and furiously around my brain and it's awesome.

The NaNoWriMo project is starting to take shape. It's an obscure amoeba shape right now but that's better than the nothing I had before. I've decided to put my money where my mouth is and write a chick lit novel. I've made a lot of fun at a lot of chick lit novels and groaned my way through the reading of several of them so I figure it's time for me to write my own. To see what I can make of the genre. Just so you know, my main character will not have an obsession with shopping. Nor will she want to work in the fashion industry but she'll likely watch Project Runway. My working title is currently Choose Your Own Adventure (thanks to Jake for the inspiration) but, depending on how things play out, it might change to Introduction to Disillusionment. I can't really explain it. Yet anyway.

So yeah, you'll have to tune in here for NaNoWriMo updates. I can't say I'll be posting updates on a daily basis but I'll try and make it a regular thing. If you're interested, you can also visit my NaNoWriMo profile page. Click here for that link.

Received my first NaNoWriMo email today. It outlined everything I'm about to undertake. To stay on par with the month end goal, I have to write 1,667 words a day. I hadn't done the math yet and was glad I didn't have to do the math either. It's a considerable number of words but it didn't scare me.

Not today. Today I am invincible. And no, I haven't been drinking...

We'll also receive pep talk emails as the month goes on, from NaNoWriMo people and guest celebrity emailers. Next Wednesday, we'll receive a pep talk from Jasper Fforde, one of my favorite authors. It was worth signing up just for the opportunity to read that email.

The NaNoWriMo project officially begins at midnight on November 1st and I am so freaking excited to get going. I really hope I don't fall flat on my face but, if I do, it'll be the most exciting face plant ever. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment