Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Remember Now...And Jupiter Is Six Today (A Hodgepodge)

Remember in yesterday's entry when I said I was going to talk about something else but couldn't remember what it was? Well, no longer. I remember now.

First of all, my (sort of) brother-in-law told me that it was confirmed that Joss Whedon will be directing an upcoming episode of Glee. My brother-in-law said he was so excited, it was kind of embarrassing. I told him that since I was so excited I was currently looking for a paper bag in which to breath, he could probably rest easy.

Second of all, I had an awesome dream a couple of nights ago. It involved me and a nearly naked Sam Winchester (of Supernatural fame...). Sleeping Me tried very hard to get Sam from nearly naked to...well, you know, but apparently, my lucid dreaming skills still require some work.

On a final note, I'd like to wish my niece, Jupiter, a very happy 6th birthday. Went down for a small family gathering tonight. I brought the Gator Girl down with me so she could play and get out some of her never ending energy (which is just compounding more and more with each day I work). She spent the entire car ride down jumping back and forth between the front seat and the back seat so she could bark at various passers-by. When we arrived at my parents' house, there was a deer in the front yard. The Gator Girl has never seen a deer before and, boy, did she want that one. She threw herself into the front seat and against the windshield (a little surprised it didn't either break or just pop right out but glad it didn't.) and lost her mind. The deer took one look at us and then ran away just as fast as its little deer legs could carry it. The Gator Girl and I then sat in the car a few minutes while I waited for the Gator Girl to forget about the deer and remember she had a half eaten stuffed animal in the backseat. When she did, I let her out of the car. She was running around the lawn, looking for a place to pee, when she caught the deer's scent and took off after Bambi.

Crap.

I called her. To her credit, she turned to come back to me but then decided she just had to go after the deer. So I called her again. And again. The third time, she turned and came running back. The Gator Girl runs fast. Super fast even, but I'd never seen her run as fast as she did tonight. She was just this tan blur on a mission to find and destroy a deer. I convinced her to rip the leg off her stuffed animal instead.

Anyway, back to the party. We had pizza and ice cream cake and presents. Jupiter asked, very nicely, for me to thank her Uncle Joe for her presents. I told her I would and that I would be sure to tell him what the presents were since he wouldn't have any idea.

We also played a game of Sorry. My mother won and Jupiter and I both lost when she decided she was bored and folded up the board, the game pieces and the cards. When we were younger, my siblings and I played a version of Sorry called "Sorry, Sucka!" where, whenever we had the opportunity to knock an opponent's piece off the board, we went at it with gusto and the little innocent game pieces would become airborne while we did a little "Suck It" dance in our sibling's face.

We're a very loving group, I swear.

Anyway, my mother referenced this before we started played and while I thought about sending Jupiter's pieces flying across the living room, I thought maybe it would be mean to do a "Suck It" dance to a six year old on her birthday.

Maybe next year...

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Jupiter! Love you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment