Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coming Attractions

I don't know what to blog about. This writing a blog entry every day thing is hard so I'm glad the month is almost over. Next month is National Novel Writing Month in which participants attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. I officially signed up for that. I kind of wish National Novel Writing Month was in February or March because I work at The Store a lot less in February or March and November contains two of the biggest shopping weekends of the whole entire year. But it isn't in February or March. It's in November. Which is all right. I can deal. So now the only problem is I don't know what I should write about.

Maybe I'll write a novel about trying to write a novel.

Joe says I should write a novel about an asshole computer programmer. He says I'll have plenty of material for that novel.

The 50,000 words doesn't bother me. Effigy is 195,000 words. But it's a lot easier to write 50,000 words when one has a topic on which to write.

Joe says I should write a story about a guy who is going on a no no no no no... Oh...I guess he didn't want me to tell you what he said this time. It wasn't anything dirty, in case you were curious.

Maybe I'll write a novel about a sparkly vampire who falls in love with a human girl. They'll drive around in a shiny silver volvo and go to the prom. That could be hugely popular.

Or a novel about a boy who discovers he's a wizard...only I'll make it a girl who discovers she's a witch. Or maybe I'll write about pirates or a Princess Bride-esque fantasy story. I've been on a big Princess Bride kick of late. Most of my Facebook updates the past week or so have involved random Princess Bride quotes.

Maybe I could write a novel about a Belgian Malinois from the point of view of the Malinois...

I don't know. I'll keep you posted though.

No comments:

Post a Comment