Friday, October 16, 2009

A Big Bunch of Crazy

I went down to southern Maine today and hung out some with my family. Lots of funny stuff happened and I want to blog about it but it's late and I have another early day tomorrow and I have to go to bed soon. So here are the highlights:

My sister, B, and I went into Portland to see Fame. We're kind of suckers, I think, for movies with song and dance numbers and we were very much looking forward to the group performance of not only the title track but also "I Sing The Body Electric."

We were disappointed on both counts.

We did get to mock the movie a lot though, which I am sure thrilled the one other person in the theater with us. I also managed to spill a lot of (legally obtained) popcorn. It was completely unintentional, I swear.

After the movie, we went into Target so my sister could get some vitamins. We were looking at the fish oil bottles and I noticed one of the labels said "controlled fish burps" and one said "no fish burps" which spurred a lot of giggles and general hysterics, much to the delight, I am sure, of all other souls in the store at the time.

Hung out with my niece, Jupiter, too. She was happy to see me, which is always nice, and even showed me where she kept her secret stash of oreo cookies. Of course, she didn't agree to actually let me have an oreo cookie at first, but eventually I ended up with three. I do love oreos.

We then engaged in a no-holds-barred pillow fight which resulted in one of us lying on the living room floor being covered with pillows and a blanket and then being used as a sofa by the other. She went first. I was the couch second. Then she tried to turn me into a camel by shoving a scarf into my mouth to use as reins. I drew the line there so we decided to have a one team three legged race instead. Hilarity ensued.

Anyway, came home and got stuff put together for obedience class in the morning. I think we'll be walking the tick trail again tomorrow. I am thinking about taking a bath in DEET.

Be prepared. That's my motto. That, and "Ticks are gross."

2 comments:

  1. There is absolutely nothing funny about fish burps. It is a serious affliction that will be the focus of several celebrity fund raising efforts in the very near future. I'm appalled you would find any humor in it at all.

    (sarcasm: just another service I offer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, can't be politically correct all the time...

    ReplyDelete