Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ode To The Sharpie Fine Point Pen

Oh, Sharpie Fine Point Pens, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
Your beautiful robin's egg blues and emerald greens,
Your ruby reds and ink-pot blacks,
With an offering of orange the color of a setting sun,
And purple, the most elusive and highly desired shade,
To thee I bow down and pledge my eternal adoration.

The way you glide across a page,
The way you refuse to smudge or bleed,
The way you make my handwriting more lovely than before
Oh, Sharpie Fine Point Pens, all other writing utensils
Do pale in comparison to your brilliance.

A summer's day to thee I could compare,
If I didn't live in New England where a summer's day
Oft leaves much to be desired.
Flawless and radiant are you, Oh Sharpie Fine Point Pens
That without you, I can no longer imagine my world
Except that it be drab and full of despair.

1 comment: