All right, so this is going to be a long post, so I'm just going to jump right into things. If you celebrate Easter, I hope it was a good one.
Here's a quick-ish recap of the goals I set for myself last month:
1. Send Second Nature to the printer.
Okay, so, technically, I did this. I sent the manuscript to the printer, and I am now in possession of a proof copy. This may seem like progress, but there were some formatting errors, and a few really stupid typos that I am now in the process of rectifying. I'm not sure how long this process will take—except it will almost certainly take longer than I think because it always does—but I guess I can still say that I achieved my goal.
2. Prepare for and don't vomit during upcoming presentation at local writers group.
I did this. And I didn't even vomit. I am also told it went reasonably well. (Which may not be the phrase they used, but it's one with which I am almost comfortable.) Not only did I do this, but I also received an invitation to give said presentation at another local writers group—and I said yes. That presentation isn't until May, so I have plenty of time to worry about it.
3. Walk or run at least three miles a day.
I just missed this goal. By one mile on one day. The Man and I, however, have managed to stick with our running program, though. I'm not sure whether to put that in the good or bad category, but we're still running three days a week.
4. Complete one fifteen-minute yoga workout each week.
Yeah. I didn't do this. I did one fifteen-minute yoga workout the entire month. It may be time to give up this goal. At least for a little while.
5. Read at least four books.
I only read three. I probably would have made this goal had a certain flawed proof copy not arrived. Oh well. Better luck next month...
Speaking of April, here's what I'm hoping to tackle this month:
1. Complete review of Second Nature proof copy, make all necessary changes to the manuscript, and order a new proof copy.
2. Walk or run at least three miles a day.
3. Don't sob too uncontrollably when I go see Avengers: Infinity War
4. Don't beat myself up too badly when the entire month goes to hell (as it inevitably will because...karma, apparently) and I accomplish nothing on this list.
I have a lot going on this month, so really, my major goal in April is to just get through it. Sure, I'd like to wrap up Second Nature once and for all, but it's taking a back seat this month (Can't be helped. Other things are more important.).
I aim to do my best (and also to misbehave...) and also to forgive myself if I fall short.
What's on your to-do list this month? Are you A to Z-ing? Camp NaNo-ing? Both? If you are, best of luck to you. I'm rooting for you!