All right. So, 2018 got off to a pretty crappy start, and I can't say I dealt with it particularly well. I've been feeling rather...lost or unmoored or stuck. (I know those last two are opposites, but it fits, strangely enough.) I admit it's been like that for a good long while now, but January certainly aggravated things past the point of appreciated.
So February finds me in need of getting back on track. Or, at the very least, getting to a point where I can find the track. Actually getting back on track might end up being a March thing. (Or a never thing. We'll have to see how it goes.)
With that in mind, I present my goals for the month of February.
1. Send Second Nature to the printer.
I guess the good news to be found in my crappy start is that at least nothing else has gone wrong with this book. Of course, that's mostly because I've barely done anything at all with this book lately, but a girl will occasionally take whatever wins she can get. So February's goal is to get the formatting all wrapped up and be finished with this book once and for all.
2. Read at least four books.
My 2018 reading goal is to read 52 books. I am just slightly behind that pace, so the goal this month is really just not to get further behind. Titles I'm looking forward to maybe getting around to read include Still Me by Jojo Moyes and Artemis by Andy Weir.
3. Walk, run, or bike at least three miles a day.
I am woefully behind in my mileage goal. I like to think that if I can get myself more active more often that it could help with my being-stuck issues. It certainly couldn't hurt, right?
4. Do two fifteen-minute yoga workouts each week.
Doing more yoga was a part of my yearly goals, and I have yet to complete a single workout. I really need to change that up.
Things I'm Looking Forward To This Month
1. The Super Bowl (Go Pats! And yes, I know you likely hate them and/or football. I'm cool with that. Also interesting fun fact, The Man is looking for somewhere else to watch the game because he can only take so much of me jumping up and down on the furniture while losing my mind. It's been a loooooooong season.)
2. The next episode of This Is Us (Even though I already know that I am going to sob so freaking hard. Seriously. Even the preview for this episode had me in tears.)
3. The Black Panther movie (Even though it means we're one movie closer to the next Avengers movie, which will likely see me sobbing so freaking hard.)
4. A vist to the Florida Renaissance Faire (I haven't been to a Ren Faire since I moved to this godforsaken state. (Sorry, anyone who likes Florida. I just...don't.) I really can't wait to have a nice yard of beer and go shopping for weaponry.)
5. The Winter Olympics (I really do love watching the Olympics. Even curling. Maybe even especially curling.)
What's on your to-do list for February?