Monday, October 16, 2017

The Game Is...Something

All right, cats and kittens, the moment you've all been waiting for has finally arrived. Okay, so maybe it's the moment that only I have been waiting for, but regardless of who has or has not been waiting for it, that moment has finally arrived.

Second Nature's edits are sitting in my inbox right now.

They arrived last night, which means...



On. The game is on. (I may or may not be listening to Sherlock as I write this post.)

My next challenge, should I choose to accept it, is to complete said edits by the end of the month. I have absolutely no idea if this is a realistic goal, given that there are only fifteen days left in the month, but that's what I'm going to try to do.

This is the moment when the insomnia starts working for me.


In theory, anyway.

This is also the moment when I start neglecting this blog again. (Sorry, My Pet Blog, you had a good run there, what with these three whole posts and all, but edits are time consuming, and I have 800-something pages to go through.)

So if you see me lingering online anywhere, please feel free to yell at me to get back to work. Goodness knows I have plenty of it to get back to.

See you on the other side, y'all...


41 comments:

  1. You can do it! Report back on November 1 with great news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex—I will certainly do my best!

      Delete
  2. 800 pages?! Whoa. That's definitely more than a good enough reason to let this blog gather dust for a while. Hope your edits go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 843 pages, to be exact. (I had to look it up because I couldn't remember.) I should really write a shorter book someday...

      Delete
  3. Go forth and edit! Let the gleam of Halloween candy wrappers light your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to get some Halloween candy first. I'm embarrassed to admit there isn't any in the house.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the edits! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee, sleepy bun. Anyway, keep working! We're all eagerly awaiting the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too much pressure...I was way more comfortable thinking no one was awaiting the final product. ;)

      Delete
  6. MJ, just dive in and don't stop until you reach the end.

    I love that bunny falling over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. I told my significant other that I'd see him in two weeks, and I intend to make good on that promise. :)

      Delete
  7. Good luck. We'll miss you but understand you're sacrificing for the greater good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. Keep plenty of donuts on hand. Although, make the goal Thanksgiving instead of Halloween. I think it might help your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donuts. I should totally get some donuts. I haven't had donuts in ages. Well, since September, anyway. Which, for me, is ages.

      And I'm still holding out for Halloween because I'm still crazy enough to think I can/should participate in NaNoWriMo in November. :)

      Delete
  9. Woohoo! Best of luck on those edits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you got your edits back. I was actually going to email you today to ask if you did or not. That's a big relief. Good luck with the edits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a relief. Now I can obsess endlessly about something else! :)

      Delete
  11. Congrats on getting this far! And may your edits be easy to accept and accomplish! @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha. They've been all right so far.

      Delete
  12. There I am complaining about a 4000 word short story, and you're trying to edit a whole book in the same amount of time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but only because I'm absolutely crazy. :)

      Best of luck to you, too.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I will definitely be back in November, by IWSG day, if not before.

      Delete
  14. Hope you're getting through all of your edits! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you're pretty enthusiastic about the edits so I think you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete