Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Road Trips, Life Lessons, and A Book Release

Hello, all!

Today, My Pet Blog belongs to author Tara Tyler. She's here as part of her blog tour for her latest fabulous release, Cradle Rock!


Take it away, Tara!

§§§


I fondly remember being young and stupid... Do you?

When I was in my 20s, I had a super fun, adventurous friend who took me with her on many of her wild travels. That was long ago, and I've since had a family, but she's still go go going! I miss her and our fun excursions.

For one of our first adventures, we joined a sport and social club so we could go on their yearly trip, this time to gorgeous Destin, Florida. We paid our fees and off we went. We had a blast playing in the sun and making new friends, like cute boys!

our roomies for the weekend and my fun friend Amber is the blonde =)

On the first night, the club leaders threw a party and I clicked with one particular guy. He played the guitar and sang, so dreamy. A bunch of us went out after to some clubs, and then we went for a walk on the beach in the moonlight. It was a magical night, or so I thought.

The next day, the boy was nice, but cool toward me. I wasn't upset, more puzzled since we seemed to connect and he seemed to really like me the night before. I wondered why he changed his mind, but not for long. I had too much fun when I was that age and didn't dwell on a guy if he wasn't interested. Plenty more where that came from!

Here's the moral of my little story in a few essential dating one-liners:

Don't get hooked too quick.
Infatuation isn't love.
You can't force someone to like you.

If it doesn't work out, don't ever think it's you - it's just not the right fit. You are perfect for someone, so don't give up, keep looking! (story edited for time and to protect the not so innocent!)

Any fond stories of love or escapades from your youth?
Or possibly some advice for singles in the...what do we call this the 20-teens?

Thanks for letting me take up space here, MJ! I enjoyed reminiscing and I hope it brought back sweet memories for you all too! Now go make some more - Happy 2017!

WELCOME BACK TO THE FOREST!


CRADLE ROCK, Beast World Book Two
by Tara Tyler

Gabe the goblin just saved his town Broken Branch Falls from splitting apart. He also revealed that humans--horrible creatures of myth and legend--may actually be part of their history! But seriously? Nah!

Now Ona, Gabe’s girlfriend, is headed thousands of miles away to Camp Cradle Rock for Spring Break seeking evidence of humans. Gabe knows better than to tell a stubborn ogress she’s crazy, so he’s letting her go and spending the break at the beach like a normal teenage beast. And he’s determined to have a good time without her, whether he likes it or not.

But when Gabe hears Ona went missing, he and his friends set out for the wilds of the west to find her, no matter what dangerous creatures get in his way. Not even humans.

Check out the Book Trailer!

Tara Tyler has had a hand in everything from waitressing to rocket engineering. After moving all over, she now writes and teaches math in Ohio with her three active boys and Coach Husband. Currently she has two series, Pop Travel (techno-thriller detective capers) and Beast World (fantasy adventures). To squeeze in writing, she economizes her time aka the Lazy Housewife. Make every day an adventure!

Talk to me!
Author Blog ~~ @taratylertalks ~~ Facebook ~~ Housewives Blog

Sign up for my quarterly newsletter if you'd like to find out more and you could win something!

10 comments:

  1. Trust me, not all musicians are that fickle.
    Not too many fond memories. Was very thankful when I met my wife and I could put all that awkward stuff behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, was happy to put all my awkward times behind me. I don't know if I could give love advice, but for all the teens and 20s, don't take out student loans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, young summer romance...:) My best friend from my childhood sounds a lot like Amber. She was always a lot more daring than me...I usually needed a kick in the butt, usually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The angst of youth. It feels like it should last forever. I could probably fill a book with some of the crazy and stupid things I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun guest post, Tara! I'm still in my 20s, but never have escapades like this. (Was born a stick-in-the-mud, LOL.) Best of luck with your latest release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute story. I danced and kissed a guy at prom who wanted to take things further. Even calling me at my house because one of friends was dumb enough to call me with him around and expecting him to snag the number. Sorry buddy but nah. Good thing too. I found out later he had a girlfriend. Glad I went to prom without a date and ended up having a little fun. Even happier that I was bright enough not to go all starry eyed on a guy because of a dance and a kiss. Especially since it turned out he had a girlfriend. Or a girl who felt he was hers. Either way, I never entered that stupid piece of drama. I was a fun but careful teen. Nice tale Tara. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I got nothing. Glad you had a good time on that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fond memories of my youth are harder to think up than the stupid things I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so fun to read all the responses! Thanks so much! I'll be stopping by your places, still working on my list of fabulous commenters!
    And thanks so much, MJ for helping me spread the word about Cradle Rock =) Happy Writing in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete