Friday, November 18, 2016

Things Which Make Me Happy

Hey, y'all remember when on Monday when I was all, "Hey, I'm totally going to rock these edits and knock this thing out by the end of the month!"?

Yeah. That's not going to happen now. The universe caught wind of my plan and my cautious optimism and came to smack me down for it.

Because it's 2016, and that's what 2016 does.

So today, I am listing a few things which have and will make me happy in the past, present, and future.

May they make you happy, too.

First up...

THE RETURN OF ECHO EFFECT

Echo Effect is a webcomic created by amazing artist and storyteller Heather R. Holden. I came across it a couple years back during the A to Z Challenge and have been addicted to this story and these characters ever since. It's been on haitus for a little while, but is making its return TODAY. I'm so excited, I must use this gif:



Next up is a little something very near and dear to my heart...

THE RETURN OF GILMORE GIRLS

Gilmore Girls, in the event that you haven't heard of it, was a television series that ran from 2000-2007. It told the story of a single mother and her daughter living in a quirky Connecticut town. It is one of my all-time favorite shows, right up there with Firefly and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. (Yeah. That's how much I love it.) When the show ended, I was pretty bummed. Partly because it's one of my all-time favorite shows, but also partly because the last season was, overall, a big disappointment. Either way, I really wanted more.

And next Friday, at 3:01am, EST, I will get my wish. Four brand new 90-minute episodes (written and directed by the show's original creators, nonetheless) will be released on Netflix. Meaning, I will have six more hours of Gilmore awesomeness.



Now, my original plan for this momentous occasion was to devote an entire week of blog posts to the show, but as that didn't work out (yes, it's all right if you breathe a collective sigh of relief) here instead are a couple of clips/trailers:



(Just...so many things. Emily wearing jeans. Sutton Foster (whom I adore) as a dancing pilgrim. Lorelai hiking. Kirk at Friday night dinner. And SOOKIE.)


So much awesome. So little time.
So, if you're looking for me next Friday between 3am and 9am, I'll—You know what? Better not to look for me until at least 10am next Friday. I'll need at least an hour to cry all the tears.
I'M SO EXCITED!!!
But for now, I need to go back to work and take advantage of every last second I can squeeze out of the rest of this terrible year.
I'll be taking next week off from blogging (You know, because the two whole posts I've managed to put together this month were sooooo taxing), but I'll be back again on Monday, November 28th, with some big news. Well, at least big for me. And a little scary. A lot scary. Well, at least for me.

Have a great holiday, everyone. See you in a week. And a half. Or something like that.

14 comments:

  1. Funny, Jimmy Fallon was talking about that show this week. He's hooked.
    Glad Heather is posting more Echo Effect.
    Have a great Thanksgiving, MJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know Jimmy Fallon was a Gilmore Girls fan. That's cool.

      You have a wonderful Thanksgiving, too, Alex!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the show, but your excitement is getting me excited! Woot for a return! May it be epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be epic.

      And I highly recommend the show (obviously). It's a master class in dialogue and complex character relationships. In my humble opinion, anyway.

      Delete
  3. I was so excited for more EE too! My heart's melting. I'm pushing through revisions too. Have an awesome holiday. My excitement will be getting my annual mammogram. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? I loved today's strip.

      Have a great holiday, Christine!

      Delete
  4. I discovered Echo Effect this year and have been enjoying the story. Excited for it to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you make plans, 2016 will make sure to punish you for it. Glad you have some things to look forward to :). I can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I fully expect my Internet to mysteriously go out at 3am next Friday. Because that's just the kind of year it's been.

      Delete
  6. And I've not watched either of these shows! Given that we like a lot of the same other shows, I'll have to check them out. I think you've found my next two procrastination tools.

    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was obsessed with Gilmore Girls. And I don't have Netflix... So sad. I don't know how, but I'm going to see those episodes. Somehow.

    Sutton Foster. Are you watching Younger? (I'm so obsessed with that show.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE The Gilmore Girls!! I can't wait for it to return! Have a great week off from blogging, looking forward to hearing your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, thanks so much for the Echo Effect shout-out, and for all your kind words, too! Glad this silly, little webcomic of mine could help make you happy... <3

    And heh, the universe always likes to smack me down whenever I'm feeling the slightest bit optimistic, too. So sorry this has messed with all your editing plans!

    Anyway, hope your blogging break goes well, at the very least! Can't wait to learn more about this big news of yours... :)

    ReplyDelete