Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

 Hello, all!

As you may remember, for about three and a half weeks at the end of July into the middle of August, I was on vacation. One of those weeks, I was able to go home to New England (Yay!). The rest of the time, my sisters and niece came to visit me in Florida.

The vacation's over now, and I've gone back to work (Yay.). I meant to do this post at the actual end of my vacation, but I'm still me, so I ended up posting it a little late. (What are you going to do, right?)

Anyway, today I thought I might share with you some of the many, many pics that were taken over the course of those three and a half weeks. There were more that I wanted to share, but for some reason, Blogger's being a real pain in the you-know-what about them. But maybe that's just Blogger's way of telling me I'm sharing too many photos. Whatever, Blogger.

At any rate, below are the photos I was able to upload properly.

Please enjoy my photo essay...

Frenchman's Hole in Bethel, Maine.
Oh, how I have missed the woods.

Another shot of Frenchman's Hole...
and my godson, leaping into it

Mount Washington Valley, New Hampshire
Oh, how I have missed the mountains.

Mount Washington Valley, New Hampshire

Yes, I made time to see if my book was still in the library.
And people have actually checked it out. Possibly on purpose.

Let my niece play with swords.
Because I'm the cool aunt.

Went to the beach and realized
just how tan I've gotten this summer.
Had a blast at the Crayola Experience in Orlando


The Pick-Your-Own-Pack wall at the Crayola Experience
An entire wall of crayons and markers for one to choose from.
I now own a giant tin of specially-selected crayons.
I regret nothing.

Saw the Meerkats (and much more) at
Disney's Animal Kingdom

The noble steed my vertigo and I rode on
Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel
in the Magic Kingdom

And, of course, we went to the beach.
It is Florida, after all.



What did you do on your summer vacation?

And I know I was just off for, like, forever, but I'm off again until Monday. (So much for that consistent blogging goal of mine...)

Have a great weekend, all!

15 comments:

  1. In this heat, I'd be jumping in that hole as well.
    Glad you got some time back home and treating your nieces to a fun time in Florida. (The beach and Disney - of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot or not, I declined to jump into water at Frenchman's Hole. I am a gigantic chicken.

      And it was so good to have time back home. I've missed it dearly. I can't wait so long to go back next time.

      Delete
  2. I had no vacation. But am being forced to take 3 vacation days next week. I think I will write my pants off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I moved, I had those forced vacation days. I find I take much more summer vacation since I moved to Florida. My family comes to visit much more often than when I lived in New Hampshire.

      Enjoy your forced vacation writing time!

      Delete
  3. Water, sun, family, and books! Sounds like a great vacation to me.

    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad for some time off. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the photos! That beach looks so serene, and the Crayola Experience seems like it was a lot of fun, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks like a good vacation to me. I haven't done anything vacationy lately, so I think I'll live vicariously through your pictures. Ah beach sun...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had anyone checked it out? You can't say that you checked and not inform.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to come home to New England for a bit and that crayola place looks like something I would LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer is my favorite, your vacation is great the place! i am glad that i see this blog thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the calmness of beact i want to spend my time in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your compilation. I will also do like this.

    ReplyDelete