Friday, April 29, 2016

You and Yours (An A to Z Post)

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.


Song #1—You, Sailor by Erin McKeown

This is on the How Many Angels playlist. I wish the accompanying scene was fit for human eyes, because I would have like to have shared that as well. The video below is a scene from the short-lived TV series, Bunheads, which happens to be the first place I ever heard this song.



Key Lyrics:

No longer will I beneath you shelter/ all that you have given to me/ it was never on my behalf/ All this, all and more I cede to you/ swear away in fealty/ as I sail for warmer climes/ I am a king! You can't deny me my kingdom

and

You, sailor, on the lonely sea/ will you turn and promise me/ you'll always be alive

Song #2—Yours by David J. Roch

I swear, this is the very last song I am going to share this month that belongs to those two characters of which I will say nothing!



Key Lyrics:

By the time that you hear this/ and we're older than you remember/ I'll have done myself some damage/ with a bottle of liquor/ so close your eyes low/ your time is gonna come/ when someone of your own worth/ looks into your eyes/ I'm a fool for trying/ I'm a fool for crying but I'm yours/ I'm a fool for all the lies/ guess I'm a fool in your eyes/ But I'm yours/ I'm all yours

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Bunheads. I kind of want a fresh soft bun to eat now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunheads was a show about ballerinas. It was cute, I thought, and occasionally very funny.

      And I always want a fresh soft bun to eat. Warmed, with butter. Yum! :)

      Delete
  2. The music has been a treat. So thanks for sharing songs that I wouldn't have heard otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Bunheads. It was so disappointing when they cancelled it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It feels like the network never gave it a real chance to find an audience.

      Delete
  4. Those two characters really get a lot of the best music...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the least I can do, considering how much time I spend torturing them.

      Delete
  5. I thought that first video said "butthead" at the top! Then I actually read it.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that would be a much different show, with a much different soundtrack. :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of either of these songs but I definitely like the lyrics to the second one,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David J. Roch definitely has some beautiful lyrics.

      Delete
  7. Bunheads... I miss Bunheads. I was happy to hear that Sutton Foster was going to be in the Gilmore Girls reunion. Probably because Amy Sherman Palladino wanted her there. (Have you seen Sutton Foster's current series? Younger? On TV Land.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to hear that, too. I haven't seen Younger yet, but it's on my list of TV Series to check out. I love Sutton Foster.

      Delete