Thursday, April 28, 2016

X

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.

I have only one song for you today, and all right, so it's is another of those days where I am technically cheating being super creative in order to satisfy the letter requirement. But, if you could just go with it, that would be great...

Song #1—eXit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead

See...Exit sounds like X...so it totally counts.

This song is currently residing on Better Than None's playlist, but has the possibility of joining How Many Angels's list as well.



Key Lyrics:

Wake...from your sleep/ The drying of your tears/ Today we escape, we escape/ Pack and get dressed/ before your father hears us/ before all hell breaks loose/ Breathe, keep breathing/ Don't lose your nerve/ Breathe, keep breathing/ I can't do this alone


14 comments:

  1. I'd say that's close enough for X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us will be getting creative for "X" too. This does totally count.

    @WeekendsinMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say the e is silent and that works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard this one, and yes, you are allowed to cheat on X day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a lot of songs that start with X. That darn tricky letter.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, well, I'm cheating today too. On more than one level...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not cheating (I did the same thing!). X is a hard letter to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. X is a hard word! And hey, at least we get to listen to a good song out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't sure I liked that song but I'm glad I kept listening. Good one.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  10. You barely broke a rule here! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope they don't get in trouble with the dad!

    ReplyDelete