Wednesday, April 27, 2016

W

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.

There are too many songs I want to share with you today, but I'm limiting myself to just three because I know y'all have lives that don't involve this blog. So I'll be as quick as possible. Which means I probably should have deleted this intro.

Anyway, here's what I finally decided on:


Song #1—Wreaking Havoc by Sarah Jaffe

This is a part of my unhappy love story, Better Than None.



Key Lyrics:

When you break my heart/ when the crow picks me apart/ when my shadow starts to bleed/ or my brain doesn't feel the need/ you know you're just in time



Song #2—Wicked Game by James Vincent McMorrow

This is another one of those songs that belongs to the characters I won't tell you anything about. You know, except for telling you this is one of their songs. (Isn't reading that over and over again just so much fun?!?)



Key Lyrics:

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you/ It's strange what desire will make foolish people do/ I never dreamed that I'd meet someone like you/ I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you/ No, I don't want to fall in love with you



Song #3—When The Lights Go Out by The Black Keys

This is a Solstice song. I love the mood it creates.



All right, I'm done! Have a great day, everyone!

24 comments:

  1. Not sure if this is showing my age or not but I remember the Chris Isaac (?) version of Wicked Game....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that version, too (it's on my iPod, actually), so maybe we can show our age together. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. Thanks for sharing. Dropping by from the A to Z Challenge https://mhsusannematthews.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I have a life?????? Since when? ;)

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you have a life! Look at all those amazing stories you publish!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed the Black Keys song. I agree, it creates a terrific mood. And like you and Madeline, I remember the other version of Wicked Game, so you can't be that old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Wicked Game, but the version I own is Chris Issaks. This one though, was used for the Thrones trailer--the slightly slower pace makes it more chilling than sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrones, as in Game of Thrones? I had no idea that song was used for any trailers. I came across it after I heard another song of his, and spend an afternoon listening to his entire discography.

      Delete
  6. I remember the Chris Isaak version of Wicked Game as well. Love that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great song. There's a reason why so many artists have covered it.

      Delete
  7. I love When The Lights Go Out. And those other songs make me wonder what you're inflicting on those poor characters now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing but good things, I promise...

      Well, if 'good' means 'horrible' that is.

      Delete
  8. I'm starting to get a certain picture of that so called love story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I always have to preface it with the 'unhappy' part. It's an interesting story to write.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. A good chunk of my iPod space is devoted to them.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing. I'd always thought that only Chris Isaac sang "Wicked Game" and now I know one more singer who does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a few Wicked Game covers out there. I know of some, but this one is, by far, my favorite.

      Delete
  11. Not au fait with the artisits, but popped by on my way through te AtoZ list.
    From No190

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan The Black Keys, and this songs so down and dreary .

    ReplyDelete