Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.


Song #1—Various Storms and Saints by Florence + The Machine

I tried hard not to repeat artists this month, but V was just one of those letters that were short on songs. Unlike I or W in which I had entirely too many from which to choose. But anyway, while it remains unofficial, this is probably going to end up a Full Circle song. But it might end up an Effigy song. Maybe Second Nature. Maybe something else entirely. Who knows? (Obviously not me!)



Key Lyrics:

And I'm in the throes of it/ somewhere in the belly of the beast/ But you took your toll on me/ so I gave myself over willingly/ Oh, you got a hold on me/ I don't know how I don't just stand outside and scream/ I am teaching myself how to free


Song #2—Violet Rays by Smashing Pumpkins

This is probably going to end up on Better Than None's playlist, but there's no specific scenes for it yet. It just feels like it's supposed to be on this story's soundtrack.



Key Lyrics:

Faithless moors/ pulling up your oars/ From rivers I have crossed/ In magic no heart's lost/ And I'll leave with anyone tonight

9 comments:

  1. I don't know if I've ever had a band recommended to me more often than Florence and the Machine. I'm chilling on some Brian Eno as we speak/write/read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Florence + The Machine. Much of my iPod space is devoted to this band.

      And I don't know Brian Eno. I have to go check out his music now.

      Delete
  2. The Smashing Pumpkins are awesome. I love their music.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I listened to them a lot during my college days.

      Delete
  3. I realized I hadn't listened to a Smashing Pumpkins song for a long time. I used to love them.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't listen to them as often as I used to, but a few of their songs are still in my regular rotation.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Florence + The Machine! AND Smashing Pumpkins. I definitely like your playlists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No reason to have to pigeonhole the songs, right? They can just be on your general writing playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore The Smashing Pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete