Saturday, April 23, 2016

T

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.


Song #1—This Night by Black Lab

This is another Second Nature song. It relates to a character who was the male lead in Effigy and then I ruined his life, and this song is where his mind's at when the sequel kicks off.



Key Lyrics:

There are things I have done/ There's a place I have gone/ There's a beast, and I let it run/ Now it's running my way

and

Take this night/ and wrap it around me like a sheet/ I know I'm not forgiven/ but I need a place to sleep/ So take this night/ and lay me down on the street/ I know I'm not forgiven/ but I hope that I'll be given some peace

Song #2—The Toll by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

This is part of the playlist for that unhappy love story I told you about, Better Than None.



Key Lyrics:

I'd never known her to cry/ but this time is different for sure/ She's shaking with tears in her eyes/ As she picks up what's left of the night/ The hope for a reason seemed pure/ as we leave what's left on the wall

8 comments:

  1. Love Black Lab! Very cool to see one of their songs inspires you for Second Nature...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first song is very moving. I think it fits what I'm writing now.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that line about wrapping the night around you like a sheet.

    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find lyrics in music so exciting when I read them. There are some beautiful ideas in these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to have an inclination towards troubled love stories. I guess those are more interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I like how you state you ruined his life. Such an author thing to say. =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope his life gets better in the sequel. Although, knowing you...

    ReplyDelete