Friday, April 22, 2016

Songs and Seismic Crimes

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.


Today's a longer post than usual, as I have two songs to share with you, as well as a shiny new book release for a fellow author. But if you only have time to check out one thing in this post, skip down to the book release!!

Song#1—Sun Gangs by The Veils

This is on Second Nature's playlist, and accompanies a scene between those two characters I won't tell you anything about. (For the beta readers, though, it's in Chapter 48...)



Key Lyrics:

Some say you'll never/ be gone forever/ some say there's music where you go/ I have no faith my heart/ to tell two apart/ ocean above and sky below/ Where I am going, you can't save me


Song #2—So Far From Your Weapon by The Dead Weather

This is a Solstice song. I haven't had a lot of those to share with you this month, so I'm glad this one made it one there. I use it for a fight scene, and I love the mood it establishes.




AND NOW FOR THE BOOK RELEASE EVENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR...

For your consideration, please, check out Chrys Fey's latest release, Seismic Crimes...


An Internal Affairs Investigator was murdered and his brother, Donovan Goldwyn, was framed. Now Donovan is desperate to prove his innocence. And the one person who can do that is the woman who saved him from a deadly hurricane—Beth Kennedy. 

From the moment their fates intertwined, passion consumed him. He wants her in his arms. More, he wants her by his side in his darkest moments.

Beth Kennedy may not know everything about Donovan, but she can’t deny what she feels for him. It’s her love for him that pushes her to do whatever she has to do to help him get justice, including putting herself in a criminal’s crosshairs.

When a tip reveals the killer's location, they travel to California, but then an earthquake of catastrophic proportions separates them. As aftershocks roll the land, Beth and Donovan have to endure dangerous conditions while trying to find their way back to one another. Will they reunite and find the killer, or will they lose everything?


AVAILABLE TODAY!


CONGRATULATIONS, CHRYS!!

20 comments:

  1. I really liked that first song. The guy singing has a great voice. Congrats to Chrys again.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does have an excellent voice. This is one of those songs I can and have listened to multiple times in a row.

      Delete
  2. Yay for Chrys! And more new to me songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including my promo!

    I love music. These two are new to me, so while I hop along to other blogs, I'll be listening to these songs in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Chrys!

    Great work on your theme, M.J.

    Some awesome songs for me to listen to: Leave, Natalie Merchant, Lera Lynn, Ben Howard & Rooster!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first song a lot. Great voice.

    Here's another congrats to Chrys on her book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I heard that song, I knew it would be perfect.

      Delete
    2. LOL! Thank you, C Lee. I appreciate that. :)

      Delete
  6. Nice songs. I'm hearing a lot of good music this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun book! Congrats to Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like we don't even have hundreds of cds at our house!!!!

    That book sounds like a can't put it downer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I got rid of quite a few CDs when I moved last year, too. These days, most of my music's in MP3s, though. :)

      Delete
    2. I hope it is a can't-put-it-downer. ;)

      Delete