Thursday, April 21, 2016

R

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.



Song #1—Rooster by Alice in Chains

This song appears on Effigy's playlist. (The actual song starts at :50)



Song #2—Running Up That Hill by Placebo

A Full Circle song, toward the end.



Key Lyrics:

And if I only could/ I'd make a deal with God/ and I'd get him to swap our places/ Be running up that road/ running up that hill/ be running up that building/ Oh, if I only could

and

You don't want to hurt me/ but see how deep the bullet lies/ Unaware that I'm tearing you asunder/ Oh, there's thunder in our hearts

16 comments:

  1. Those are both really good songs, though I'd only ever heard the Kate Bush version of Running up that Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I didn't know there was a Kate Bush version. I must track that down immediately!

      Delete
  2. I love Running Up That Hill! I suspect it will be stuck in my head all day now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was stuck in my head all day, too. But that's happened all month long with whatever song was being featured that day. A side effect of this challenge. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful music. Makes me stop for a moment and just listen with my eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find I do that with these songs, too, from time to time.

      Delete
  4. I've only ever heard Kate Bush singing Running Up That Hill. Interesting to hear someone else do a version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the Kate Bush version. She's fantastic, so I definitely need to track that one down.

      Delete
  5. I've heard both of those before! Although, only the Kate Bush version of Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another mention of Kate Bush. I will track down that song today!

      Delete
  6. I've always liked Rooster. Looks like I might be the only one who doesn't know Running up that Hill, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the mood of Rooster. And I, apparently, have to go track down the Kate Bush version of Running Up That Hill. :)

      Delete
  7. Great songs!

    @magickislife from <a href="http://mycreativelyrandomlife.blogspot.ca:> My Creatively Random Life </a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your picks!

    ReplyDelete