Monday, April 18, 2016

O

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.

Song #1—Oats In The Water by Ben Howard

This song is a part of Effigy's playlist, and for anyone who's read the story, it pretty much pairs with the very last scene.



Key Lyrics:

And you'll find loss/ And you'll fear what you found/ When weather comes/ tear him down

and

There'll be oats in the water/ There'll be birds on the ground/ There'll be things you never asked her/ Oh, how they tear at you now

Song #2—(The) Only Thing Worth Dying For by Lera Lynn

This is a Full Circle song that helps establish the mindset of a couple of characters when the story opens. I am seriously obsessed with this song. I am so thankful that I had HBO at the time they were running the promo for True Detective non-stop...



Key Lyrics:

Weren't we like a pair of thieves/ with tumbled locks and broken codes/ You cannot take that from me/ my small reprieves your heart of gold/ Weren't we like a battlefield/ locked inside a holy war/ Your love and my due diligence/ the only thing worth fighting for

and

Change will come to those/ who have no fear/ But I'm not her/ You never were the kind to have/ a rule book near/ What I said was never/ what I meant/ And now you've seen my world in flames/ my shadow songs my deep regrets

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That it is. And the instrumental section at the end is brilliant.

      Delete
  2. Oats in the Water made it onto my playlist now. Thanks for sharing. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I love your blog. You always share the good stuff. I needed some music inspiration and your posts have definitely helped provide some. Also, I have gotten to find new artists and music to listen to. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of you, Murees. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I'll have to pull up Effigy and see how well those work together. When I get home later today. (Well, maybe not today...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is that it makes sense in my head. I don't know if it'll make sense to anyone else, though. :)

      Delete
  5. Those are some intense songs, the second one especially. I wonder what's going to happen to those characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I actually know the second song! Probably because I watched True Detective :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched True Detective. I recorded the entire first season, and then my DVR lost it. :(

      Delete
  7. Oats in the Water sounds familiar, but that can't be right. I barely know song names and have to listen to them to see if I know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually call a lot of songs things like, "That one that's like *hums part of chorus badly*"

      I recognize them by sound over title.

      Delete