Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nicest Need (An A to Z Post)

Welcome to the Half Way Point of the A to Z Challenge!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.

JUST AS AN FYI BEFORE WE BEGIN...For the next week, my beloved niece and, you know, my sister, too, whatever, will be visiting with me. Therefore, I will be slower than usual in visiting blogs and returning any comments you're inspired to leave on this blog. I am definitely going to fall behind on this, but the Angel Child (and my sister too) is totally worth it. (And for anyone who may have seen my angels/angles post, I totally typed 'Angel' right the first time!)

Anyway, on with the post...


Song #1—Nicest Thing by Kate Nash

Back in 2012, I started a NaNoWriMo project that just sort of defied categorization. It was best described as an Unhappy Love Story. You might be wondering right now, based on my song selections thus far this month, if I write anything else. And I don't, really, but this project whose working title is Better Than None is really a different sort of creature. Anyway, this song is on that playlist.



Key Lyrics:

I wish that without me your heart would break/ I wish that without me you'd be spending the rest of your nights awake/ I wish that without me you couldn't eat/ I wish I was the last thing on your mind before you went to sleep

Song #2—Need To Destroy by THC

This song isn't on a story-specific playlist, but rather a character-specific playlist. It's another of those songs that belongs to that pair of characters that I won't tell you about. Sorry, I'm a spoiler-phobe.



Key Lyrics:

I step out of my skin/ You wouldn't know me now/ Couldn't you go away/ Should I?/ Leave me the hard part/ It's all I want/ I need/ I won't be your soft one/ I won't be encircled/ You might become/ something I need

9 comments:

  1. Nice songs! Now go have fun with your sister and the Angle Girl :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the lyrics of that second one. I bet I'd like the character they describe, too.

    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time with sis and the angel. Priorities.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice songs. They have such smooth and gentle sounding voices to balance out the lyrics, which come with a bit of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A song with the word "nice"...you must be excited about your company! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! HappySunday!:) Congratulations on completing half way through the challenge and wishing you all the best for the Challenge:) Looking forward to read your posts during April.
    Stopping by today as part of the #AtoZChallenge Minion Activity :)
    @sneha_sasi from
    Life As a Potpourri
    Am a Minion for Holton's Heroes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I write with music. But most times I prefer silence. Quiet is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love these. So beautifully dark!

    Hope you have fun with your niece and sis this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice atmosphere on these. Have fun with your niece (and, of course, your sister, too).

    ReplyDelete