Thursday, April 14, 2016

Living and Leaving (An A to Z Post)

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Throughout April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list.


Song #1—Living A Lie by Daniel Zott

This is a Vinnie and Ellie song. It comes into play right after my happy couple experience their falling out.



Key Lyrics:

if I gave it all away/ I'd expect something back/ I'm never sure that I can tell you/ where my heart is at/ 'cause every good thing I do/ is a selfish act/ and I'm a hell of a guy/ living a hell of a lie



Song #2—Leave by Glen Hansard

While this song has a spot on two of my story playlists, it doesn't have a specific scene attached to it. It's a Vinnie And Ellie song, but also belongs to another pair of characters in a different story that I won't tell you about because it involves too many spoilers.



Key Lyrics:

"I can't wait forever" is all that you said/ before you stood up/ And you won't disappoint me/ I can do that myself/ But I'm glad that you've come/ Now if you don't mind/ leave, leave/ And free yourself at the same time/ leave, leave/ 

and

I hope you feel better/ now that it's out/ what took you so long?/ And the truth has a habit/ of falling out of your mouth/ Well, now that it's come/ if you don't mind/ leave, leave/ And please yourself at the same time/ leave, leave/ Let go of my hand/ You said what you came to now/ leave

12 comments:

  1. And the truth has a habit/of falling out of your mouth

    Good line!


    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinnie and Ellie? A romance? I don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to see if I could do it. And since it remains unfinished, I guess the jury's still out on that.

      Delete
  3. Some more interesting music. I'm learning so much from your posts this year, and gathering up new artists to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally love finding new artists to explore. I never know when I'll stumble onto a new great love.

      Delete
  4. Man, I want the spoilers. I want to read the scenes these songs inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, My Pet Blog is a spoiler-free zone. Most of the time, anyway.

      (But thank you, that's very kind of you to say so.)

      Delete
  5. New music to me. I have a list on my desk of songs and books I've added to my list and the challenge is a long way from over. Thanks a lot!

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just occurred to me how much longer this challenge has to go. I was feeling like I was further along.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like, from the lyrics, that there is some tension here.

    ReplyDelete