Wednesday, April 13, 2016

K

Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge on My Pet Blog!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list, and perhaps a story snippet or two...



Song #1—Keep On Runnin' by Cat Powers

This is a Second Nature song. Or maybe a Full Circle song. That's undecided at this point. It's more of a character song than a scene song



Key Lyrics:

When will you do what you say you'll do/ How could you really do it/ Will you keep on running?/ Baby, settle down

Song #2—(Bad) Kids by The Black Lips

Okay, the song's called Bad Kids, and I'm technically cheating. but I wanted to be able to share it because I think it's a cool song. It's on the Solstice playlist.



Key Lyrics:

No key lyrics to put here. It's a fun song that fits my story perfectly.




16 comments:

  1. I have playlists devoted to individual characters in addition to the stories. Sometimes a song just fits a character but not necessarily a moment in the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly. This is on a character playlist because it just fits this particular character so well, I think.

      Delete
  2. Not familiar with either one. There's a Don't Stop Running by Y&T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm unfamiliar with that one. I have to go look it up now.

      Delete
  3. This is all new to me but I do keep play lists for characters and have gotten entire stories out of one song.

    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge http://www.kathleenvalentineblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have character playlists, too, and playlists that relate to a particular pairing of characters and so on and so forth. It's possible that I have too many playlists.

      Delete
  4. I can't music while I write. But it might be fun to make a playlist to go with a book after it's written.


    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ability to listen to music while I write/edit is completely dependent upon what it is that I'm doing. A lot of the time, I can't listen to music, and my playlists are only utilized in the car.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I really like the energy. It's a lot different from most of the other songs that make my lists.

      Delete
  6. I kinda cheated today, too. Although, I think the whole point is how you phrase it. Whatever works, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right...I'm not cheating. I'm being creative.

      Delete
  7. There's a K in there somewhere! But good luck with Q and Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to get a little creative with those letters, too.

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of either of these ones. But I'm way out of the music world. =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not familiar with the second one. Always nice to learn something new.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete