Monday, April 11, 2016

I

 Welcome to Day Ten of the A to Z Challenge!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list, and perhaps a story snippet or two.


Song #1—I Need My Girl by The National

This song is a part of my Vinnie and Ellie soundtrack. I'm seriously obsessed with it. Like, listen-to-it-a-billion-times-in-a-row obsessed. It's used for a part of the story where the good times become the not-as-good times.



Key Lyrics:

I am good/ I am grounded/ Davy says that I look taller/ I can't get my head around it/ I keep feeling smaller and smaller/ I need my girl

Song #2—I Am Only One by We Are The Fallen

This is a Second Nature song, something that might play over the end credits, if there were such a thing. It doesn't apply to a specific scene, just the overall story.



Key Lyrics:

Ever after never came/ and I'm still waiting/ for a life that never was/ And all the dreams I lay to rest/ are ghosts that keep me/ After all that I've become/ I am only one


Ten days down...sixteen left to go...

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is. I should really try to write some happier stories some time. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of a song playing over the end credits, and applying to the whole book. That's how I usually think of songs/music in relation to my stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea, too (obviously, because look above, right?), and I'm always, "Oh, here's an opening credits scene, and one for the end credits, and..." so on and so forth until I'm all, "You're so weird. This is a book not a movie. There are no credits anywhere. Stop doing this." And then I find a new song, and the whole thing starts all over again.

      Delete
  3. I can understand why I Am Only One got into your soundtracks. Love moody music like that. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The moodier the better, I say!

      Delete
  4. I'm a fan of I Am Only One too. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I'm glad that song has other fans!

      Delete
  5. I like that you know what song would play at the end credits.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need there to be some end credits...

      Delete
  6. Love that you already have end credit music picked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I missed my calling. I should be some kind of music coordinator for Hollywood projects.

      Delete
  7. Those are some lovely, though sad lyrics in that second one.


    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favorite kind of lyrics. :)

      Delete
  8. I have to say, the lyrics to the first one really make me want to read the book they accompany...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps one of these days, I'll actually finish writing it. :)

      Delete
  9. I like the lyrics to both these songs, but the second one definitely speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it spoke to me too. I listened to it many times in a row when I first discovered it.

      Delete
  10. The darkness continues, and is so very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And possibly scary. :)

      She says with a smiley face emoticon. Because she is just that weird.

      Delete
  11. Your theme just hammers home the point that I really don't know anything about music. It would be depressing if I didn't spend way too much time watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next A to Z Challenge, my theme can demonstrate just how much TV I watch. Because I watch a lot. Too much, really.

      Huh...no wonder I never get anything done. :)

      Delete
  12. I feel like your taste in music is far more eclectic and interesting than mine. 16 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone thinks so. My significant other, for example, hates listening to my music. He finds my taste to be very dull.

      Delete