Saturday, April 9, 2016

H

Welcome to Day Nine of the A to Z Challenge!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list, and perhaps a story snippet or two.

Song #1—Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright

This is a How Many Angels song. It plays over a funeral scene.



Key Lyrics:

there was a time/ when you let me know/ what's really going on below/ but now you never show that to me do you?

and

maybe there's a god above/ but all I ever learned of love/ was how to shoot at someone/ who outdrew you/ it's not a cry you hear at night/ it's not somebody who's seen the light/ it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Song #2—Heavy In Your Arms by Florence + The Machine

This is a Full Circle song. You know, in case you maybe thought there might be some happy moments in my fantasy series...



Key Lyrics:

I was a heavy heart to carry/ my beloved was weighed down/ my arms around his neck/ my fingers laced a crown/ I was a heavy heart to carry/ my feet dragged across the ground/ and he took me to the river/ where he slowly let me drown

and

This will be my last confession/ I love you never felt like any blessing/ whispering like it's a secret/ only to condemn the one who hears it/ with a heavy heart


That's all for me today. Thanks for coming by...See you on Monday.

25 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is a good funeral scene song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would work well there. Not that anyone would ever hear this playlist outside of this blog this month.

      Delete
  2. You chose a unique theme for the challenge. I like it!
    Great job!!
    Trisha Faye www.writerszenblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme! I read you are from New England living in the south-me, too! I saw this over @Gail's blog. I am from Maine-living in-North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, indeed, from New England, but currently living in the south. May you be dealing with it better than I am!

      Thank you for visiting today!

      Delete
  4. Hallelujah is among my top favourites, as is the original by Leonard Cohen. Coming upon it on your blog certainly lifted my mood! Thanks

    Nilanjana.
    Ninja Minion, A-Z 2016
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Leonard Cohen did the original.

      Glad it lifted your mood!

      Delete
  5. I always liked Hallelujah. It really does pair well with a funeral scene. Plus Florence + The Machine. Great H songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I know the Florence + the Machine song. It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good. I think it may be my spirit song.

      Delete
  7. Hallelujah is one of those songs I can't resist singing with even though I can't hit the notes.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't quite hit all the notes, but I do all right, I suppose. Not that I sing it anywhere other than my car or the shower.

      Delete
  8. Hallelujah is one of my top favorite songs. I like your theme. Visiting from the A to Z challenge. ~Meg Writer‘s Crossings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I am partial to Il Divo's Hallelujah, I definitely enjoyed your choice with Rufus Wainwright, twice! Thank you so much for sharing. Hearing that song wipes away any teeny irritations of the day!

    Gail’s 2016 April A to Z Challenge
    Theme: The Fun in Writing #226




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard Il Divo's cover. I guess I'll have to look it up. :)

      Delete
  10. Ah yes, the ubiquitous Hallelujah. Ubiquitous because it is that good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who originally wrote Hallelujah? I've heard a few versions but I have no idea who the author is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To the best of my knowledge, the original composer was Leonard Cohen in the 80's. But yes, there have been many covers of it.

      Delete


  12. Beautiful and simple blog
    Thanks for sharing
    We specialize in providing services thay man hinh zenfone and thay man hinh zenfone 4 prestige cheap.

    ReplyDelete