Friday, April 8, 2016

G

Welcome to Day Eight of the A to Z Challenge!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany the novels I write, the lyrics that landed the song on the list, and perhaps a story snippet or two.

Song #1—Grey by Ani DiFranco

This is a Second Nature song, and accompanied the MC's very first scenes.



Key Lyrics:

The sky is grey/ the sand is grey/ the ocean is grey/ I feel right at home/ in this stunning monochrome/ alone in my way/ I smoke and I drink/ and every time I drink/ I have a tiny dream/ But as bad as I am/ I'm proud of the fact/ that I'm worse than I seem

and

You walk through my walls/ like a ghost on T.V./ you penetrate me/ and my little pink heart/ is on its little brown raft/ floating out to sea/ and what can I say/ but I'm wired this way/ and you're wired to me/ and what can I do/ but wallow in you unintentionally

Song #2—Get Me Through December by Alison Krauss & Natalie MacMaster

This song is a part of the How Many Angels playlist. It doesn't pair to a specific scene, just a character in the story.



Key Lyrics:

I've been to the mountains/ left my tracks in the snow/ where souls have been lost/ and the walking wounded go/ I've taken the pain/ no girl should endure/ but faith can move mountains/ of that I am sure



That's all for me today! Thanks for sticking with me...

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a sad song. Which works for a sad character. At least, I hope it does...

      Delete
  2. Grey is good mood music. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent mood music. Enjoy your weekend, too, Christine!

      Delete
  3. Alison Krauss has been a favorite of mine since the early 1990s when I was a college student. There's something that tugs my heart in the quality of her voice as well as her lyrics.


    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I always love her lyrics. Very high quality.

      Delete
  4. I love your taste in music. You really have inspired me to think of songs that fit my WIP.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. May you find truly excellent songs to fit the bill.

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard these songs before! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...I'm worse than I seem."

    Like that. and Ani DiFranco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting selections. It's amazing how you can write to all these songs with lyrics. (I can't. I need silence.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't work in silence. I get too fidgety and can't focus. I need some kind of noise. But not always songs with lyrics. When I'm editing, I can't listen to these playlists. I have to break out my special instrumental music playlist instead.

      Delete
  8. Ani is a new artist for me.
    I love the acoustic sound of her music...melancholy too.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ani has a lot of variety in her music, too. Some acoustic, some not, some melancholy, some just bursting with joy. She's a brilliant musician.

      Delete