Thursday, April 7, 2016

F

It's Day Seven of the A to Z Challenge!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs. Through out April, I will be sharing with you selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels, the lyrics that landed the song on the list, and perhaps a story snippet or two.


Song #1—For Everything A Reason by Carina Round

How Many Angels is my attempt at literary fiction, This song represents one of those big, emotional moments in the story.



Key Lyrics:

I saw you leaving/ I saw the light go out

Song #2—Fearless by Cyndi Lauper

This song belongs on the playlist for my attempt at a romance novel (Currently called Vinnie and Ellie because I haven't thought of anything better). Toward the end, though, after the status quo has been messed with, but before the happy ending. That's right...I wrote a story that has a happy ending.



Key Lyrics:

Sometimes I'm afraid when you go/ sometimes I'm afraid when you come home/ Underneath it all/ I think I'm afraid when there's nothing wrong

and

There's something that I never told/ When I find myself slipping off my pedestal/ I'm a fierce believer afraid to fall


Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Happy ending? What is that? I've never heard of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, it's this thing where the characters you've created and tortured get to live happily ever after. I read about it in a book once. Thought I would give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Awesome selections today. Played Lauper twice.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do a happy ending? Wow, impressive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A happy ending! Maybe you need to listen to more Cyndi Lauper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun...on an endless loop.

      Delete
  5. Happy ending?!? Say it ain't so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not Disney-Movie-happy, but at the very least, it's a happier ending than any of my other books. Which may not be saying anything, really, given how the other books end, but there it is.

      Delete
  6. Nice songs. I especially like Carina Round's haunting vocals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which really just help to make them perfect for the scene.

      Delete