Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D

It's Day Four of the A to Z Challenge!

Click on the link for a complete list of participants.

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs, in which I will share with you selections from playlists I create to accompany my novels, the key lyrics that earned them a spot, and maybe a snippet of the scene it with which it pairs.


Song #1—Do What You Have To Do by Sarah McLachlan

This is from Effigy's playlist, and has the distinction of being one of the song which inspired me to create a story-specific soundtrack. For those of you who have read the book, it's a chapter 27 second scene in Chapter 28 song. (I just looked it up. Which I should have done when I first started this post. Oops.)



Key Lyrics:

What ravages of spirit/ conjured this tempuous rage/ created you a monster/ broken by the rule of law

and

Every moment marked/ with apparitions of your soul/ I'm ever swiftly moving/ trying to escape this desire/ this yearning to be near you/ I do what I have to do 

Song #2—Drifting by 4 Non Blondes

This is  Full Circle song.



Key Lyrics:

I might be a mess/ but I sure can survive


19 comments:

  1. 'I might be a mess/but I sure can survive' I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'll have to go back and read that chapter while listening to that song! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I just checked...it's actually the second scene of chapter 28. My bad...)

      Delete
  3. Your A to Z is fascinating. I like music playing in the background when I'm writing but I can see for you it's an integral part of the process. Around My Kitchen Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has become a integral part. Many a song has helped me work out some tough scenes.

      Delete
  4. Lovely music, and what a great idea for A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to realize just how many songs must have inspired you in your writing. You must have a massive song library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. Probably. I honestly have no idea how big a massive song library would be, but I'm pretty sure mine would fit that bill.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was years before I realized they had any songs other than "What's Up?"

      I think that makes me a bad fan.

      Delete
  7. Drifting is a new song for me. I have to listen to that again.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to it a lot when I first discovered it.

      Delete
  8. I have to go listen to both songs. I love how music can inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do I suddenly feel a '90s thing coming on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe because I'm me, and I have a serious thing for 90's music? :)

      Delete
  10. I love the Sarah McLaughlin song - always love her voice though I don't listen often.

    ReplyDelete