Saturday, April 2, 2016

B

Welcome to Day Two of the A to Z Challenge (click on the link for a complete list of participants)

My theme this month is Soundtrack Songs, and my posts will feature songs that are on my novel playlists, and the key lyrics that put them there.




Song #1: Born Villain by Marilyn Manson. It's a Second Nature song. I can't share a scene snippet with you because it's way too big a spoiler, but I will tell you that it pairs with a Chapter 36 scene...



Key Lyrics:

There's a taste of blood/ And it's something deep inside

I'm a born villain/ Don't pretend to be a victim


Song #2: Bad Blood by Alison Mosshart and Eric Arjes. Another Second Nature song (Chapter 38). But too good not to share. Potentially Interesting Fun Fact—Both of these songs relate to the same character.



Key Lyrics:

Don't listen to any word I say/ I'd say anything to make you feel okay/  I'm not who I thought I was/ Not today/ 'Cause I've got bad blood/ bad blood/ You don't want none of what I have

Good lord, give me peace/ From a life long of pain and greed/ But not yet/ I'm not done paying for my crimes

20 comments:

  1. This is so cool that you have found songs so perfect for you characters! My a-z this year is soundtracks, so I really enjoy seeing you put your own together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure eventually it will just start to scare people to see how my brain works. :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic theme, M. Bad Blood is a cool song. Happy atozing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad Blood is a great song for theme music. I have to remember that.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I can't wait to see the scenes that go with these songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can get the book finished. :)

      Delete
  5. Great theme! I found it interesting that the word "villain" came up in both our posts today.
    Donna
    Mainelywrite.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's interesting about both these sets of lyrics is that the villains are admitting they are such. What I've learned about character development in creative writing is that the villain usually regards him or herself as the hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this particular character is definitely not feeling hero-like.

      Delete
  7. I'm curious what you will come up with for some of the more difficult letters like Q, X and Z. Thanks for stopping by Girl Who Reads yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit...there may be some slight bending of the rules in my future. :)

      Delete
  8. I always find it amazing that something so short as a song can capture a feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh. Good curiosity builders. Sounds like a dark story: right up my alley!
    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a dark story. Sometimes I look at it and wonder what's wrong with me...

      Delete
  10. Interesting… I'm keen to know more about these villains now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just can't do Marilyn Manson. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete