Friday, April 1, 2016

A

It's Day One of the A to Z Challenge! (Click on the link for a complete list of participants...)

In case you missed it, my posts this month will feature selections from the playlists I create to accompany my novels.

Today's songs—in addition to the fact that their titles begin with the letter A—are perfect for the start of this journey because they are all what I would consider to be "trailer music," meaning they're the songs that would play over a dramatic theatrical trailer for movie version my books.

First up, is Ashes by the Bengsons. This song belongs to Second Nature, the second novel in my epic fantasy series (release date: TBD)



Key lyrics:

I've been running/ since you broke/ since you broke me 


Song #2 is And The World Was Gone by Snow Ghosts. It's the trailer song for Full Circle, book three in my fantasy series.



Key lyrics:

You said you'd wait forever/ but I blinked and the world was gone/ You wade through the water/ Slowly your hands grow numb/ I wish you felt me falling/ I wish you watched over me/ You said you'd wait forever/ but I blinked and the world was gone



See you tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. New songs for a Friday morning! Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of them but thanks for helping me expand my musical horizons!

    I’m exploring different types of dreams and their meanings during the #AtoZChallenge at Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great theme, I really love finding new music! I really like the second song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done actual playlists for WiPs. I usually just have a song (or two) that reps the feeling I want the book to have in general.

    Have fun with the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow Ghost would make a great basis for a horror movie. There's grounds for some other-wordly revenge there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I haven't heard either of those. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can definitely see the inspiration in these. I hadn't heard either of them either. I think I am the oddball who writes in silence. I am too distractable with music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard either of these songs, I loved And The World Was Gone
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK. The A to Z always adds books to my TBR pile and now you're going to have me adding songs to my iTunes. Geez....
    Susan Says


    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent concept - the tunes sound haunting. Neat choices for A. Looking forward to the month

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, I'm completely out of touch. Haven't heard of either. I hope to do better tomorrow :) Great idea for the A to Z. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading the lyrics and the music was lovely. See you manana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the songs. I could see the angst in the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous topic! I hadn't heard either song.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great theme. I love discovering new songs and both of these are new to me. Looking forward to the rest of your posts and more great music.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both new artists to me, too! I love song playlists so I'm really looking forward to your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sadly I have no sound but I like the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those songs are new to me, and I think this theme is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how music can be connected to so many parts of our lives.

    @WeekendsInMaine from
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for your consideration and comments! They are much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete