Friday, March 18, 2016

Favorite Things Friday

It's time, once again, for Favorite Things Friday!

If you don't know, Favorite Things Friday is a new segment here on My Pet Blog where I share with you some of my favorite things that I've come across in my recent life travels. Yes, they're pretty much all things like YouTube videos and embedded tweets, which would suggest that my life travels don't often make it off the couch or away from my desk.

Which is what happens when I'm marooned on Revision Island. And most of the rest of the time, too, truth be told, but this post is not about my couch potato tendencies. This post is about my favorite things. At least those things I stumbled across since my last Favorite Things post.

(FYI, the intro to future Favorite Things posts won't be so long and ramble-y. Probably.)

First up is a Tumblr feed (is it called a feed on Tumblr? I have no idea.) called The Setup Wizard. The tagline is "Daily Accounts of the Muggle and Half-Blood IT team at Hogwarts." It's about a muggle IT guy hired by Hogwarts to set up and maintain WiFi and other technology. It's been pretty funny. Here's a sampling for you:


http://thesetupwizard.tumblr.com/post/138504556036/first-day-on-the-job


http://thesetupwizard.tumblr.com/post/139244358403/necessary-equipment


Next up, is a scene from one of (IMHO) the best damn shows on television—Agent Carter. (And really, it's so hard to limit myself to just one scene. I'd share the entire damn show if I could.) This isn't from this week. I sadly neglected to share it after it first aired (bad, bad fan!) but I want to share it now. And apologize to anyone who may follow me on Twitter for that brief but unrelenting #RENEWAGENTCARTER tweeting I did following the season two finale. Sorry, kids, but I really need season three.




And since we're already in a Marvel Mood, here's the most recent Captain America: Civil War trailer:




I'm really looking forward to that movie.

That's going to do it for me today. I'm tantalizingly close to finishing those revisions, and I've got to get back to it. Have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the new IT guy for Hogwarts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some very funny posts. And some that would probably be funnier to me if I was more of a tech person. But still, funny.

      Delete
  2. OMG. IT guy for Hogwarts. Brilliant! I'm looking forward to the new Captain America film too. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait because that's going to be the first movie I see this year. Date night!

      Delete
  3. Love the IT guy at Hogwarts! What a culture shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really would be. There was a funny post about Hogwarts's moving staircases and another one about the room of requirement, and tons more. It's been great reading.

      Delete
  4. Hehehehe. Love the IT guy. That tumblr is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some very creative people out there.

      Delete
  5. I think I've stumbled across that blog on Tumblr once. It has some hilarious stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Agent Carter. I heard the lead actress got another gig someplace, though. Have you heard if it is coming back for a season 3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear that Hayley Atwell is attached to a new project, but I still hold out hope that we'll get another season of Agent Carter. I haven't heard anything either way about season three, so I guess there's still a chance. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  7. Liked the IT guy a lot. I tried Agent Carter, but just couldn't get into it - the rest of the family are still watching though. I prefer Agents of SHIELD because I have a crush on Coulson :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have a crush on Coulson, I really do, but I just love Agent Carter more as a show than Agents of SHIELD. Some of SHIELD's storylines have bored me of late. But I'll keep watching...because I love Coulson. :)

      Delete
  8. Ha! I like the musical. I haven't gotten to watch much of Agent Carter except a few blips when walking through the room. But it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete