Friday, January 22, 2016

A Star Wars Post (No, Really)

Well, J.J. Abrams, you've really done it now. I'm now actually posting about Star Wars on my blog, which was once a Star Wars-free zone, apart from the occasional shout-outs to Robot Chicken Star Wars parodies and/or Spaceballs.

But no, you had to go and make a movie that I actually liked and actually went to see more than once, and look forward to seeing again.

You made me into a Star Wars fan.

What the hell, J.J. Abrams?

But, whatever. This post is not about what J.J. Abrams has done (you know what you've done, J.J. Abrams. Go sit in the corner and think about this terrible thing you've done.) but rather some Episode Seven whatnots that I've enjoyed immensely and have decided to share with you today.

THEY WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, OR SPOILER-TYPE THINGS, SO IF YOU'RE STILL LOOKING TO GO SPOILER-FREE, I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ ANY FURTHER.

SERIOUSLY, DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPOILERS.

I'M GOING TO START WITH THE SPOILERS NOW. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING.

ALL RIGHT, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. HERE WE GO...

ARE YOU READY? BECAUSE I'M GOING TO DO IT! I'M DOING IT RIGHT NOW...

FIRST UP IS...

 Emo Kylo Ren and Very Lonely Luke

I don't know who runs these Twitter accounts, but I can't stop reading them. Here are a sampling of my favorite tweets thus far:




The next selections are from the day(s) these two have a truly epic Twitter battle (which you can Google to read more selections):




And then there's this video from Adam Driver's visit to Saturday Night Live:





All right, I'm out of here. I'm behind on my revisions—certainly not because I spent two hours looking through parody twitter feeds and video laughing my ass off instead.

Have a great weekend, all.

Except for you, J.J. Abrams.

23 comments:

  1. "I don't need advice from someone who thinks bathrobes are clothes." Ha!

    And thanks for the spoiler alerts because even though I've seen the movie I hate stumbling upon a spoiler with NO WARNING, which has happened and ruined two shows for me, and which is why I know longer follow the blogger who did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always give spoiler warnings. I hate being spoiled and always want to give that choice to others. The Star Wars movie was spoiled for me on a Patriots Facebook fan page. I really wanted to reach into my computer and smack that guy silly.

      Delete
  2. Locked my keys in my X-Wing - hilarious! I need to follow those two on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be warned...Very Lonely Luke tweets a lot. Probably because he's lonely.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen those Twitter accounts. I'm off to investigate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a lot of fun...but a real time suck.

      Delete
  4. I follow those 2 accounts too and they are awesome. Parody accounts are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they really are. I'd love to start one some day, but I don't know if I'm that clever. Something to aspire to, then.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, watch out for that Abrams guy. Before he came along, I'd never watched a Trek movie and had completely lost interest in Wars films. Then he had to go and make me care. Jerk.

    Though I'm a horrible Twitterer, I'd seen a couple quotes from Emo Kylo. But I'd been unaware of Lonely Luke, so thanks for bringing me fully into the 21st century (or into whatever century the saga takes place a long time ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...Abrams made me care about Star Trek, too. My significant other calls me a Trekkie all the time now. I hate it quite a lot. But I'm still planning to go see the new movie when it comes out.

      Delete
  6. I know, those are hilarious! There are definitely some funny people behind those accounts. Just be careful about announcing that your a fan. A million guys will jump on you and demand that you prove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fanboys are exhausting. And occasionally jerks. Ugh.

      Delete
  7. I feel the same way. I disliked the last three but this one got me! Now, I will watch all the new ones. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That SNL sketch was the funniest thing they have done in years. So much funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That SNL sketch was the funniest thing they have done in years. So much funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Force, MJ. I bet you didn't know I was a Star Wars fan. That's okay. I don't advertise it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid I've never gotten into Star Wars. I let my partner take the boys to the new one while I stayed home to write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you warned me about the spoilers. I haven't watched the movie yet, and am trying to avoid spoiling the story until I can go watch it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen a single Star Wars film. (I'm very pop-culture deficient, LOL.) Everyone seems to be gushing about this latest film in the franchise, though, so you're certainly not alone when it comes to liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are hilarious!

    https://ficklemillennial.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emo Kylo is hilarious.
    I haven't converted to being a follower, but I read his posts every once in a while. I didn't know about the Luke one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'm the only person who hasn't seen the movie. I'm wearing black to commemorate the defeat of my coolness. .... Ha! Who am I kidding? It never existed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving the ongoing battle between these two. :)

    ReplyDelete