Wednesday, October 7, 2015

This Is Not A Simulation...

..This is a post about Simulation, the latest release from author Tara Tyler. It's the sequel to her novel, Pop Travel, which made me terrified of potential future travel means. This time around, she's making me terrified of the future in general...and I love her for it.

Let's see what Tara has for us today, shall we?

Take it away, Tara!




Not-So-Extreme Makeovers
I'm here as the lazy housewife today and I'm talking about adding excitement to your life without doing anything drastic.

Personal appearance - a freshen up on the color and cut of your hair makes you feel like yourself again, doesn't it? Then we get home and no one notices (especially if you live in a house full of oblivious boys, like me) If you want to shake things up and get a little extra attention, add a jazz of color - that isn't in the blonde to brown family. Pink, purple, blue, green, red - I've been seeing it more and more on the kids. Some are even dipping their hair in kool-aid to achieve the color without the hassle and expense of a beauty parlor, and it works! But I see it all the time at book events and in pics on adults, too. It's very "in" and not a bad way to express yourself, if you aren't afraid to be the center of attention!

Also, trying a new shade of lipstick or eye shadow will bring compliments and comments - "There's something different about you!"

Accessorize! - new jewelry or a new purse and definitely new shoes will make you feel like a new woman. And it doesn't have to be expensive, just cute. I get compliments on my no-name stuff all the time, and that makes me feel like a million bucks!

On the home front - here are some suggestions to freshen up your home decor without remodeling or spending too much money:

  • move the furniture around - this is also good for the wear patterns on your rug.
  • paint a room or just one wall
  • one new art piece or bedspread or vase - just one thing can change the look of a whole room
  • change out photos and rearrange or use new frames
  • add green with plants, real or fake
Do you have any not-so-extreme makeover suggestions? Do tell!


Thanks for giving me a seat on your couch, MJ! I always love to come over to visit. I appreciate you offering.


SIMULATION
by Tara Tyler
Release Date: Sept 14, 2015

In 2082, androids are an essential part of daily life. Some are helpful, some would make better toasters, and some are so human-like they're creepy. Back in Atlanta, Detective Cooper's latest client has him searching for her boyfriend who she thinks was replaced by a simulation, an illegal clone android. The guy also happens to be a popular new congressman.

As if the case wasn't frustrating enough, Cooper keeps crossing paths with his ex, FBI Agent Geri Harper who's looking for the same guy. As Cooper closes in, Geri is kidnapped. But when she resurfaces in Washington and goes on a killing spree, he knows it isn't her. Now under suspicion himself, Cooper must find the real Geri to prove her innocence, not to mention hunt down the powerful villain behind it all. Never a dull moment.

SIMULATION delivers more technology, more intense action, more humor, and more, distinct new characters. Come along for the ride.


Available Now!
Amazon ~~ Barnes & Noble ~~ Kindle


Tara Tyler writes sci fi and fantasy action-adventures from her little corner of the world in Ohio as she tries to keep up with her three boys and coach husband. Always making time to write, she sometimes puts off chores and lets laundry pile up... hence, she's also the Lazy Housewife, offering advice and tips to other gals out there trying to do it all without going crazy. She and her housewife friends blog at The Really Real Housewives of America.


And don't forget the Rafflecopter!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

13 comments:

  1. Hi MJ!
    Simulation sounds awesome, Tara! Going to add this one to my ever growing sci-fi list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun guest post, Tara! I'm fond of accessorizing, I must admit. I should try the home decor tips sometime, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh for Tara!

    I'm all about a funky piece of jewelry, a fun scarf, or a great bag. Not necessarily expensive, just different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the middle of vamping up my decor and rearranging furnitures and stuff . . . I'm tired. lol.

    I just finished reading SIMULATION! Totally awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Tara! I love accessorizing, and I really want some purple in my hair, but I think my job would frown upon it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would notice if you painted the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Tara! What is it that makes men incapable of noticing haircuts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grats Tara! Love the Lazy Housewife posts.

    Hope your writing is going well, MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want to dye my hair something interesting like pink or purple. Alas, the day job frowns on such things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, that does sound fascinating. The book I mean.

    I'm gonna have to spruce up my house soon though. Hmm, I should pick up some paint samples.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to put color in my hair, other than the brown I usually throw in there.
    :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great suggestions, Tara! I tried the Koolaid thing just the other month. The blue didn't stay in my hair, but the red really liked my son's hair!

    ReplyDelete