Monday, October 26, 2015

List Maker

Today, I am taking part in the Listing Fest, hosted by Bish Denham and the ninja captain himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Participants are asked to create a list 5-25 items long. The topic is completely up to the blogger.

After signing up, I went through several possible list topics, but ultimately decided to go with a list of...


My Definitive Ranking of Firefly Episodes

(Please note that I love each and every single episode of this show. And in the interest of time, I shall limit myself to one or maybe two favorite quotes from each episode.)


14. BUSHWACKED

Harken: You fought with Captain Reynolds in the war?'
Zoe: Fought with a lot of people in the war.
Harken: And your husband?
Zoe: Fight with him sometimes, too.

13. THE TRAIN JOB

Simon: So, what are we doing?
Kaylee: Oh, crime.
Simon: Crime! Good! Okay. Crime.

12. HEART OF GOLD

Kaylee: Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Wash: Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion.
Kaylee: Because I'm pretty?
Wash: Because you're pretty.

11. TRASH



10. SAFE

Zoe: Captain will come up with a plan.
Kaylee: Well, that's good.
Zoe: Possible you're not recalling some of his previous plans.

9. ARIEL

Mal: The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face.

8. SERENITY

(this was a double episode, so I'm giving myself two quotes here.)

Mal: I believe that woman's plannin' to shoot me again.
Jayne: Here's a little concept I've been workin' on: why don't we shoot her first?
Wash: It is her turn.

AND

Zoe: I know something ain't right.
Wash: Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail.

7. THE MESSAGE



6. OBJECTS IN SPACE

Wash: Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. I wonder what she'll do next.
Zoe: Either blow us all up or rub soup in her hair. It's a toss-up.
Wash: I hope she does the soup thing. It's always a hoot, and we all don't die from it.

5. SHINDIG

Mal: Help me find our man.
Kaylee: Is that him?
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure unless we question it?

4. WAR STORIES

Jayne: I'll be in my bunk.

(and just one more...)

River: No power in the 'verse can stop me.

3. JAYNESTOWN

Wash: We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!

2. OUR MRS. REYNOLDS



1. OUT OF GAS

Kaylee: Catalyzer on the port compression coil blew. It's where the trouble started.
Mal: Okay, I need that in captain dummy talk, Kaylee.


WHY OH WHY did Fox have to cancel this show?

All right, I have to go now. Between reliving my love for this show and last night's episode of The Walking Dead, all I want to do now is this:


See y'all next time...

62 comments:

  1. Thanks for listing with me, M. J.! Great list, sob... some times people just don't know when they've got a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most awesome list ever!! And I knew all the lines. Curse you, Fox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good list! I used to love this show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope she does the soup thing - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent list! I still haven't recovered from last night's TWD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a lot of people have. Or, perhaps, ever will.

      Delete
  6. Why am I not surprised it's a Firefly list?! I'll bet you didn't even have to look up any of the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I've had that dialogue memorized for years now. :)

      Delete
  7. I miss that show too! I love re-watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never watched Firefly. And yes,last night's episode of TWD....

    *lies down and cries*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice list I watched that show too, not so much the walking dead.
    Juneta Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch much of the Walking Dead with my hands in front of my face. Because I'm brave like that.

      Delete
  10. Oh, VERY nice. I love the Zoe Wash banter. Always brilliant. Much as Mal is my favorite character, Zoe gets the best lines. Are you watching Con Man? It's not quite the same but it's good entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, sadly, haven't watched Con Man yet. But I intend to, just as soon as I finish this WIP I'm working on.

      Delete
  11. Okay, now I want to go re-watch this whole series for the up-teenth time! :) Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to choose between them. So many great quotes from which to choose!

      Delete
  12. I still haven't watched Firefly. I have no idea why, actually. I should probably get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always so clueless when people talk about TV series because I've never seen them. I just don't have time to watch a whole series of anything, so if I do have time to watch TV, I tend to watch a movie or documentary instead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sooo want to re-watch this series now. All of those quotes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Out of Gas was one of my favorite episodes when we say how Mal picked the ship and got his team together. Of course, all of the episodes had favorite parts. Now I'm crying too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put Out of Gas at the top of my list because we get to see how the entire crew comes together. It's funny and sweet and suspenseful, and I just love it. And, you know, the rest of the series, too.

      Delete
  16. I am not at all surprised this is what you did your list on. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't decide what to do, so I finally decided to stick with Firefly. Figure I couldn't go wrong with that. :)

      Delete
  17. Okay, now I have to go and buy it. I SO loved this show and hate they canceled it. Have no clue why!!!! Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my blog! This was a great idea for a blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to admit I have never seen a single episode of 'Firefly', but after reading your list and those great quotes, I'm going to have to rectify that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel your pain on The Walking Dead thing and I haven't even seen any of season 6 yet. How could they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart is just broken. Perhaps not literally, but pretty damn close.

      Delete
  20. I loved Firefly. The cancellation of this show is one of the reasons I've stopped checking out new TV shows. All the good ones seem to get cancelled. I can't count the number of TV shows I've started to enjoy only to have them cancelled for another CSI.

    Absolutely loved River Tam. Well, I love just about anything Summer Glau is in. Jayne is also one of my favourite characters. Speaking of which. I should have done a list indication my favourite male characters named Jane. Certainly Jayne Cobb would be one and Patrick Jayne (Mentalist), the other.

    Speaking of Summer Glau, this list also reminds me of another list I could have done. My favourite Rivers.
    1. The Mississippi River.
    2. River Tam
    3. River Song

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good quotes. I miss firefly too. Castle is just not the same kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't. I very seldom make it through an episode of Castle.

      Delete
  22. Why am I not surprised that this is MJ's list? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone that's seen Firefly, loves it! Can you believe I've never seen an episode???

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Impressive that you know the quotes by heart.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for using 'Impressive' instead of 'Incredibly sad'.

      Delete
  25. Ah yes. Sigh. You know it's been more than a decade since the show was on...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Firefly is my favorite show- ever.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I never used to watch this. You're quite a fan, I see.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It was a good show, we caught up with a few years ago, but I don't think I ever cried for the cancellation of a show. Although, I was highly disappointed when Buffy the Vampire and Angel left the screen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Firefly! Such a great show! And yeah, TWD was brutal. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll be in my bunk. Oy. Great listing of the episodes with quotes. I was able to remember each one from what you quoted.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your list and your quotes. I want to watch the show again now. :) Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, you lost me on this one. I never saw the show though I've heard lots of raves about it. The comments here are proof of that.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  33. I never watched this show but the dialogue sure sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm still not over Sunday's WD episode. I'm... no, it's going to take a long, long time to get over that. And I have a confession to make. I've never seen Firefly. Okay, it gets worse. I'd never heard of it until just now. But, seeing as we're sisters in mourning for — yeah, okay, no spoilers — for you know who, I'll look it up. (Yeah, no, the dialogue you quoted had absolutely nothing to do with that decision.)
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  35. Can I still hang out here if I have never seen Firefly nor Walking Dead? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Never even heard of it (maybe due to being German). But here's a hanky... :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome series. What gets me is that my sis-in-law owns the series, but hasn't watched it. Me and my husband are all, "WHAT?!" Guess she just likes to collect stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  38. G-AHHHHH-D I love this show! Every few months, I watch the series and end with the movie. It must've been super hard to do a countdown! My favorites are certainly Out of Gas, War Stories, Ariel, Objects in Space, & Heart of Gold.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I didn't even discover Firefly until it was already cancelled, and yet I will never not miss that show.

    And yeah...The Walking Dead was brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, and I was going to say, these quotes are pretty good, but my very favorite is from Shepherd Book in Our Mrs. Reynolds: "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sigh. I still have to watch this... But I don't want to cry when it's over. So that leaves me in limbo...

    ReplyDelete