Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The End of a Series

Hello all.

I'm stuck in the trenches attempting to finish up this stubborn WIP of mine. It would probably go easier if I would stop adding scenes, but that's just some crazy theory I have.

Anyway, while I'm making this big push, some of my author/blogger acquaintances are taking over My Pet Blog to help keep it from being totally ignored.


Today, the blog belongs to author Patricia Lynne (aka Patricia Josephine) as she celebrates the release of her latest book...

Take it away, Patricia!

Well, this is it. The last book in the Path of Angels series. It seems like only yesterday I was getting Michael’s cover. Time really has flown. I’m surprised and proud of myself for keeping up with the schedule I set. I had to push Jophiel back a little because of my editor’s schedule, but I found it worked in my favor, so I pushed Gabriel’s release date back a little too.

It feels weird leaving my angels boys’ lives. I have other stories to work on, but I’ve been immersed in archangels, nephilims, and fallen angels for so long. I’m a little lost.

Which story do I work on next?

I’ll figure it out eventually. If I get an idea to being back into PoA’s world, I will totally go back. There’s little scenes and stories that I think would be fun to write. Maybe delving into Charlie’s past to show why she doesn’t speak, or write about Michael and Lake after Michael left his brothers. What about the book Zephyr wrote? Who was the angels in it? I could bring other archangels down to Earth too. Have new plots. There are lots of possibilities for exploring the world. For now, I’m going to celebrate the series ending. I did it! After a bad 2014, I am rocking 2015.


The end is in sight.

To stop Uriel from freeing Lucifer, Gabriel and his brothers must fall and go to Hell. It is a sacrifice Gabriel is not entirely ready to make. Will he fight alongside his brothers or forge his own path? There is only one choice.

Alexander doesn’t want to help Uriel nor does he trust him, but the angel has promised him a better life. He swore to protect Charlie, and he’ll do whatever it takes. When he meets the archangels and learns the depth of Uriel’s lies, he understands the true meaning of sacrifice. If there’s any hope of stopping Lucifer from being freed, Alexander, Charlie, Zephyr and Lake will have to get to Hell and help Gabriel and his brothers in the fight against Uriel.

The path is finally ending, but the price may be too high.


About the Author:

Patricia Josephine never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was all about art. On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head. That was the start of it and she hasn't regretted a moment.

She writes young adult under the name Patricia Lynne.Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo, has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow, and an obsession with Doctor Who.

For more information on either Patricia or her work, check out the following links:

Twitter
Website
Google+
Wattpad
Goodreads
Path of Angels

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the series. It's a good feeling.
    You could always go back and write short stories if there's not enough for a book. I did that with my Cassa series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And so great that you're rocking 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for Patricia!
    and way to go MJ for making it thru camp nano successfully - more scenes? of course!! (Look out GOT!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Patricia! And GO MJ for getting through Camp NaNo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you, Patricia, and I'm sure the right idea will come through at the right time - just keep the portal open :)

    Hey M.J. - hope you're well and the writing is well-er :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Patricia! It's amazing to finish a series.

    ReplyDelete

  7. You have big exciting milestones to celebrate this time, Sounds like a great blog idea indeed. Great cover too.

    personal statement writing service

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. Starting is hard. Finishing is worthy of a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always glad to commandeer your blog so you can get words in, MJ. ;)

    @Alex, there are a couple ideas that may tempt me.

    @Madeline, thanks.

    @Tara, thanks!

    @Liz, thanks. =)

    @Mark, it will come at the most inopportune time. Don't underestimate my muse.

    @Cherie, thank you.

    @Ernest, thank you!

    @Liz, finishing can be hard too and sad, but I'm glad to have achieved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the cover. Seriously. I can't imagine how happy you are to be at the end of the series (and nostalgic too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm caught between happiness and sadness. Glad I did it, but I don't want it to end. LOL

      Delete