Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pop Goes The Travel (Part Two)

Today on My Pet Blog, I'm pleased to welcome author Tara Tyler as she shows off the fantastic new cover for her novel Pop Travel. And I also may be reviewing this book a little later on in this post, but you'll have to keep reading to find out.

So, please, take it away, Tara!

§§§

Thanks for helping me spread the news about my new cover, M.J.!

I'm reading M.J.'s epic fantasy, EFFIGY and I'm thoroughly rapt up in it! Unfortunately, I'm such a snail reader. But as soon as I finish, I'll be writing a rave review! And now I'm excited to hear her thoughts on POP TRAVEL. When she read it, she asked me about the fate of one of the minor characters and I assured her he didn't die (I'm no George R R Martin!) I really appreciate M.J. giving POP TRAVEL a savagely honest review. She knows how to put a humorous spin on truth!

§§§

Oh wait! That's me! (Also, I'm not feeling particularly savage today, so I hope that's all right...)

I read POP TRAVEL the summer when it first came out. It was a departure from my usual reading habits. I mean, unless Joss Whedon tells me otherwise, I generally don't go for the futuristic/sci-fi stories. I picked up this book because of the author.

And while the idea of actually pop-traveling scares the ever-living daylights out of me (among other things), I really enjoyed this story. Which is to say, that I really liked the main character. Cooper is an interesting guy, and when I reached the end of the book, I sincerely wanted to know what he would be doing next. I've said multiple times that I'll read anything if I like the character. Well, I like Cooper and his associates, and I'm looking forward to September when their next adventure is released.

I also have to give Tara a special shout-out because she was kind enough to assuage my worries over that aforementioned minor character. If you wondered, it was a German shepherd. And, I am told, he lived happily ever after.


§§§

Thanks again, M.J. for helping me show off POP TRAVEL's new cover - it's ridiculously good! And the re- release has a sneak peek at the first chapter of SIMULATION which comes out Sept 14th!

POP TRAVEL
by Tara Tyler
Re-released July 1, 2015

In 2080, technology has gone too far for private detective J. L. Cooper. He thinks he can avoid pop travel teleportation, until he stumbles onto a video of a pop traveler who turns to dust.

Sparking a series of murders, attempts on his life, and threats to his brother, Cooper wants to pass off the evidence but knows he’s being watched and can’t trust anyone. And who would believe him?

With help from the neurotic genius “Creator” of pop travel and a beautiful Southern charmer, Cooper must expose the deadly glitch and shut it down or die trying. No problem.

Amazon ~~~ B&N ~~~ Goodreads


Tara Tyler has had a hand at everything from waitressing to rocket engineering. After living up and down the Eastern US, she now writes and teaches math in Ohio with her three active boys and Coach Husband. Currently, she has two series, The Cooper Chronicles (techno- thriller detective capers) and Beast World (MG fantasy) She's an adventure writer who believes every good story should have a moral, and a few laughs!



Also by Tara Tyler, MG/YA Fantasy series, Beast World,

a Rafflecopter giveaway

12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for Tara and I so love the new cover of POP TRAVEL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it, too. It looks fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Tara on the new cover! I already have this book so I really should have read it by now. Oops. I'm a bit of a snail reader, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Tara! I loved Pop Travel, and yeah, I wouldn't travel that way myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! Cover love for a wonderful author. Tara is definitely making the rounds. I'm all for teleporting, but I'll use wormholes, thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers for Tara. If only we could travel that way.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Tara! That cover is neat. I love the eye in the middle of the "O". And the tagline is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the new cover for Pop Travel! Congrats to Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, of course we have to know if the German shepherd is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover and tagline are amazing. Certainly should stand out on the shelves! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Tara!!! I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! Very sweet comments!

    And I'm extra happy about your review, MJ! I really respect your opinion - especially since I admire your work so much!

    ReplyDelete