Friday, August 8, 2014

What Else Is Happening

Today, the Effigy blog tour visits author Kyra Lennon where I'll be chatting about music and lyrics and Haleine Coileáin's theme song. Stop by and say hello!

And now, for a special treat, here's what else is going on in my life...


—I am completely and totally obsessed with the BBC's new show The Muskateers. I'm a sucker for a period drama anyway but add cool sword fights and banter, and I'm an absolute goner. These are two of my favorite exchanges so far:

Athos: If you had told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.

and

King Louis: Did she just refuse my company?
Queen Anne: I believe she did, sire.
King Louis: Is that allowed?

I have some time off from work coming up (YAY!), and my super-cool niece, the Angel Child, is coming for a visit. We have quite the adventure planned: hiking, kayaking, rope course and zip-lining, shopping, and building castles out of sugar cubes. The possibility of dyeing our hair exotic colors was also proposed. Not sure about that one, as exotic hair colors is frowned upon at The Store. Which, in truth, kind of makes me want to do it more...

—Because of my summer break, My Pet Blog will be headed into a semi-hiatus the next two weeks or so. There are a few more stops on the world-famous Effigy Blog Tour, so obviously I'll be around for those. Everyone's been so great; I'm so thankful for all of your help and support.

I think that's probably a good note on which to end. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and the niece will have fun. Go for the exotic hair color. You know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to. You know me so well. =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the Musketeers - it's good to live in an age when TV scripts are loaded with such irony and jest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous time with your niece and if you do decide to dye your hair, pics are a must ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I have to go check out that post!
    I hadn't heard about The Muskateers, it sounds awesome! lol

    Enjoy your two weeks break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's wrong with exotic hair? Bunch of babies.

    Have fun with your niece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they think that any hair color not naturally found on a human head will frighten the customers.

      Delete
  6. Have a terrific time with your niece and enjoy your blogging break. I'm off to Kyra's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to dye my hair some exotic color, but my employer frowns on that as well. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the time off. I hope you have lots of fun and I would definitely advise you to dye your hair an exotic color. I always like the neon blue myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a fun time with the Angel Child and the blog break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a great visit! I'd love to see pics of the sugar cube castle!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay to blog tours. Already checked it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Musketeers sounds good. I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a fabulous series! I'm going to have to see if I can find a delivery service for it in my non-cable life.

    Off to check out your blog tour stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Find home based jobs of link building, facebook marketing, add marketing, add clicking and much more jobs.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Online Easy Jobs from home with data entry, copy pasting, facebook jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete