Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back In Action

Hello, all!

I actually meant to publish this post yesterday, but it turns out that when you don't hit the little orange 'publish' button, the post doesn't publish.

Oops.

Anyway, I'm back from my short hiatus. It was good to have some time away, but the problem with taking time away is that there's always so much to cover when you get back.

First up, I want to thank all the WONDERFUL people who hosted me during my very first book blog tour:

Misha Gericke
Patricia Lynne
Marcy Hatch
Loni Townsend
E.J. Wesley
Alex J. Cavanaugh
L.G. Smith
Kyra Lennon
Christine Rains
Unicorn Bell

And I'd also like to thank everyone who took the time out to read and/or comment on my guest posts and interviews. You are all amazing, and I salute you.

On that note, it's time now to announce the winner of my very first giveaway for my very first book! Thank you (again) so much to everyone who entered. I was petrified that no one at all would enter, and I'm so happy that that wasn't the case.

So without any further delay...

The winner of an autographed (or not autographed, if you'd rather I didn't sign it) paperback copy is...

ANNALISA CRAWFORD

And the winner of an eBook verison of Effigy is...

Karen Peterson

Congratulations to you both! I'll be emailing you shortly.


Last up, I thought I might share a little summary of my Acadia National Park Adventure. So here, for your reading pleasure, is my vacation by the numbers:

Miles walked/ran/hiked/biked: 67
Mountain summit reached: 5
Books purchased: 17 (I love library book sales!)
Words written: 846 (Not a lot, I know, but a lot more than the 0 words written in previous weeks.)

There are other things I want to talk about and need to talk about, but this post is getting long and I need to go to work. I was supposed to have Monday off to get caught up on all the things that have been woefully ignored lately, but I made the mistake of stopping into The Store to check my schedule for the week and saw what my co-workers did to my stockroom in my absence. This was my reaction:



And now I need to go and fix it. It's going to take a while.

But thank you for stopping by today. See you around the blogosphere...


37 comments:

  1. Congratulations Annalisa and Karen!
    Glad you had a good time away. You needed a break. Hope the release of your first book was as awesome as you'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the release went pretty well. I probably should have done more, but I think what I did went well. Thanks, entirely, to this writing community.

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a good vacation! I feel your pain on your coworkers screwing up your stockroom. At my last job, I was in charge of organizing the freezer and it would get screwed up if I was gone for two days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I understand why everyone ran away and hid when I walked through the door...

      Delete
  3. Congrats on publishing Effigy :)! Hope you had a nice relaxing time on holiday - loving the Supernatural gif btw, I've just discovered the website that has them all on, so they'll be adorning all my posts from now on ;).
    Happy writing!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I adore that gif. I've used it frequently since I discovered it.

      Delete
  4. Who-hoo! I won. And OF COURSE I want it autographed :-)

    You bought 17 books? Awesome. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're lucky, I might even spell my name correctly...

      And most of the books I picked up were under a dollar. I do love that book sale. I find the coolest books there.

      And I will let yo

      Delete
    2. Since I didn't finish that last thought, let me do so now:

      I'll let you know when I get your book in the mail.

      Delete
    3. Lol, I was trying to figure out what you were going to say :-) Thank you!

      Delete
    4. My brain is so fried, it's getting to be rather embarrassing. Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Glad you had fun on your break. Congrats to both winners. I guess that means I'm buying the book. I know, MJ, you're thinking aw shucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My massive evil plan is working!

      I mean...what?

      Delete
  6. You'd think your coworkers could take care of things in your absence. Well, I guess if they could, they really wouldn't need you, would they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they could take care of things in my absence, they would have no reason to put up with my endless sarcasm and snark.

      Delete
  7. Hope your vacation was fun. Sorry your co-workers messed up the stockroom. I'm an organizational freak, so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always expect them to mess things up—it's what they do, after all. It's the extent of the mess that managed to surprise me. =)

      Delete
  8. I'm rather jealous of your winners. Glad you enjoyed your break, even if it seems like you jumped right into stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little stress, maybe, but the real day job stress comes later in the year. =)

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited to win! I can't wait to read it!

    Also, don't you just HATE when co-workers screw things up? I just found some huge mistakes that happened when someone was covering for me this summer and it's going to take me weeks to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do hate that. I might have spent some time the last two days yelling things like, "This isn't where this goes! What is wrong with all of you!"

      Delete
  10. Seventeen books? Wow! That must've been a great sale...

    So sorry about your stockroom, though! I can't imagine how maddening that must be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great sale...That's why every summer I plan a trip to Acadia, I plan it for the same week. So I can go to the book sale.

      Delete
  11. Glad you had a good time at Acadia - it really was one of the best weeks all summer weather-wise. Did you climb the Beehive? Been wanting to do that for a while.

    About the stockroom, you should have it set up so you're able to monitor it by internet. That way, whenever you see them screwing up, you can hit a button and your voice will blast through the loudspeakers: "STEP AWAY FROM THE JEANS!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did the Beehive a couple of trips ago. It was a lot of fun to climb. My significant other doesn't care for heights very much, so he didn't think it was as much fun, but it's a great hike/climb.

      And I kind of feel that if I install cameras in the stockroom, I might never get anything else done ever again. But the stockroom would be much neater, though, so maybe it'd be worth it.

      Delete
  12. Welcome back! Sorry about your stockroom. You will get them back I know it and it will be good. Congratulations to the winners.

    I can't believe you got so much exercise. Now I need to go walk on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I think I've only logged about three miles since I've been home...

      Delete
  13. Hope you had a good break and we're very glad that you're back!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a good break, really I did, but I'm glad to be back, too.

      Delete
  14. Welcome back! I hope you don't strangle your coworker.

    Grats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't strangled any of them yet. Emphasis on yet, of course...

      Delete
  15. Great that you had a break and great that you're back! Now that you're well-rested, I expect to see some spectacular posts here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not sure my posts have ever been very spectacular, but I'll certainly try my best. =)

      Delete
  16. Glad you enjoyed your break! Mmm... Dean. *drools*

    Uh, yes, um, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We went camping in Acadia for two weeks this summer. (Yes, that camping trip.) I still need to post about it. I better get on the ball!

    Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Acadia. What a beautiful park to visit! :)

    Congrats to the winner of your giveaway. What a lucky win! :)

    Good luck getting the stock room back in order.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to the winners! It was really fun to read your stats - wow. You've been busy, busy. :)

    ReplyDelete