Monday, May 5, 2014

Welcome To The Forest!

Welcome to the Forest!

Today on My Pet Blog, we're pleased to come out of hibernation (more on that subject another day) to participate in the cover reveal for author Tara Tyler's new novel, Broken Branch Falls.

I first came across Tara's blog during the A to Z Challenge a couple of years ago. I'm not sure how I ended up on her site—when I do A to Z, I try to go to as many new sites as I can squeeze in, and one day, I went to Tara's. I don't remember the subject of that day's post, but I'm guessing it made me laugh because I always go back to the blogs that make me laugh. It might have involved haiku. Tara does post haiku on occasion, and as you may know, so do I.

But however I ended up there, I'm glad I did because Tara is a terrific person and a fantastic writer, and I'm happy to be able to help her out today.

So without further ado, it's time for the highly anticipated, most spectacular cover reveal of the day!



BROKEN BRANCH FALLS (MG Fantasy)
by Tara Tyler
Release Date: June 24, 2014
Publisher: Curiosity Quills

Gabe is an average fifteen-year-old goblin. He’s in the marching band, breezes through calculus, and gets picked on daily by the other kids at school, especially the ogres. Gabe’s closest friends are goblins like him, but Gabe is tired of being a goblin – he’d like to try other things. And he has his eye on the new ogress at school. It’s against all beastly rules, but there’s just something about her.

When a prank goes wrong, Gabe is forced to join the football team as punishment – but finds a way to make it work. Soon the whole school is getting in on the rule-breaking fad of mingling with other species. Too bad the adults have to step in and ruin things by threatening to destroy the school and split up Broken Branch Falls. And Gabe is their scapegoat. With help from friends, old and new, Gabe sets out on a quest for a relic of their mysterious past, which hopefully holds the key to saving Broken Branch Falls. After all that trouble, it better work.

Add it to your GOODREADS list!


Also by Tara Tyler, techno-thriller detective series, The Cooper Chronicles, Book One: POP TRAVEL


Tara Tyler started out as a math teacher. After having a hand in everything from waitressing to rocket engineering and living up and down the Eastern US, she now writes and teaches in Ohio with her three active boys and Coach Husband. Currently, she has two series, The Cooper Chronicles (techno-thriller detective capers) and Beastworld (MG fantasy) She's an adventure writer who believes every good story should have a moral, plus a few laughs!

ONE LAST THING BEFORE YOU GO...

There's a Rafflecopter giveaway on Tara's blog. I had a little trouble posting the HTML stuff because I'm technically inept that way (sorry, Tara!) but please be sure to head over to her blog to enter the giveaway and to wish her all the best with her latest project.

Thank you!

15 comments:

  1. This sounds super fun! Congrats to Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara's cover is awesome.
    Cool you met her during a Challenge. I've found friendships forged during the Challenge are some of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Tara's COVER!

    Hi, M.J.

    Tara is such fun and such a versatile artist... writing, designing badges, and has a fantastic sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Tara! It's an awesome cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun book. Congrats to Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Tara! I look forward to reading her book. And thanks for stopping in at The Write Game to say hi! New follower as of today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grat Tara! I've seen her cover popping up everywhere today. And based on the description, sounds like she's got a great sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the cover and the story sounds awesome. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. MJ is the hilarious one! i love when she spouts a string of haiku about the store! Thanks, you guys, for the awesome support!

    and one day me and you, MJ, will do a book signing in New England =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cool cover. (I think my book list just grew)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Tara! Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "It’s against all beastly rules, but there’s just something about her." omg this line made me laugh out loud. I'm not a big mg reader but I think I'm going to have to check this one out!

    Nice work Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which middle-grader will be able to resist those cute, green faces? Awesome cover!
    Congrats Tara!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete