Monday, May 19, 2014

Tomorrow

I saw this pic online yesterday, and thought it so very accurate that I wanted to share it with all of you today:



I honestly do not know where my week went last week. Pinterest, probably, with a side of Twitter and a dash of Facebook. Damn you, social media!

Needless to say, I did not complete all of the goals I set out for myself last week. It's been a while since I've actually been able to do that. I hope to do it again someday. It's a nice feeling.

First up, let's review last week's goals:

1. Put out whatever Effigy-related fires crop up as quickly and efficiently as I can.

As suspected, there were some fires, and I did put them out. I can't really say how efficiently it was done, but the important thing is (I think) that it was done. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

2. Complete Chapter 25 of Second Nature.

Pardon me a moment as I laugh my you-know-what off. Two scenes took a more concrete shape, but this chapter remains far from finished. This goes back to what I was talking about at the start of this post. I always think, "Okay, tomorrow, I'm going to kill this scene/chapter/section" and then I just...don't. Seriously—where did my week go?

3. Secure a new vet for my dogs.

Well, I made the phone call, and Big and I are going for a trial appointment at the end of this week. I'm sure everything will work out just fine, but I still have reservations. Yes, I am a crazy overprotective dog mom—every vet's nightmare, I imagine. One positive sign, though, was that the woman to whom I spoke on the phone knew about Big's super-rare eye disease without me having to explain it to her. I will cling to whatever straws I can.

4. Run and/or walk at least 10 miles.

I logged 11.5 miles. And with the exception of last Sunday, I walked every single one of those miles because my shin splints hurt like hell. They didn't stop hurting until Friday morning. I am possibly the worst jogger ever.

And now let's move on to this week's goals:

1. Continue work on Chapter 25 of Second Nature.

Yep, that's right. I've made this goal completely foolproof. So long as I do something—anything—on this chapter during the course of this week, I will have achieved this goal. Cheating, I know, but I kind of just need a win, however small.

2. Work on creating a website.

I have a brand spankin' new domain that's in need of a website. Okay, the domain's not all that new. It's been sitting around a while now waiting for me to do something with it other than ignore it. I intended to work on this earlier in the year and that plan fizzled out when I was quickly reminded that I know nothing about building websites. My significant other, the computer guy, claims that it's easy. It's all drag & drop, plug & play whatever type things—I don't even know what he called it, but I'm dumb when it comes to—well, a lot of things, really, but techno-anything in this case. I see several "For Dummies" books in my future. And possibly several "For Dummies" books for my "For Dummies" books. They make those, right?

3. Run and/or walk at least 10 miles.

I like having a fitness goal. Some days I think I sit around too much; making this goal helps.

And on that note, I'm out of here...But before I disappear again, I just wanted to take a moment to say that over this weekend, I reached 100 'likes' on my Facebook author page. I know it's not the biggest milestone ever, but I am grateful for it. Thank you to everyone who helped me get there!

And thank you for stopping by My Pet Blog today. It's always much appreciated.

44 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, I can relate to that "tomorrow" pic far too well, especially lately!

    Even though you didn't accomplish everything that you wanted to, I still think you did pretty well with last week's goals! Wishing you the best of luck with your goals for this week. Website-building can definitely be overwhelming, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't stress you out too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always the most irritated when the goals I don't accomplish are the writing goals. If I had finished my chapter but missed the miles, I'd be much happier.

      Delete
  2. And the sun'll come out tomorrow too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun actually is supposed to come out tomorrow. I just saw it on the Weather Channel.

      Delete
  3. Get your computer guy to help with that website then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure our relationship could survive such a thing. =)

      Delete
  4. Great quote!

    My list of May goals continues to glare at me accusingly from my bulletin board. Hmm, two weeks left in the month….

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know. May has gone by entirely too fast. I need more time!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Keep up the walking and running. Everything else will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's where I put my muse, in tomorrow! It's brilliant that you keep up with/complete so many of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My muse has been hanging out in tomorrow, too. She pokes her head in to today just long enough to tease me. Then she's gone again.

      Delete
  7. You did so well. If i had to walk just one mile i would probably die, I am that unfit. You can totally figure out your website. Why? Because you're that awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Murees. You always say such nice things. =)

      Delete
  8. The weeks have been flying. Where are we heading to in such hurry? That's what I want to know.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With luck, some place filled with cake and brownies...

      Delete
  9. I know some people that run marathons. It makes my brain ache thinking of how many miles their shoes experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really would love to be able to run a marathon some day. But I'd probably have to be able to run a full mile without wanting to die before I could seriously consider tackling that goal...

      Delete
  10. Ha, yes that "tomorrow" picture rings very true for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it holds true for a lot of writers.

      Delete
  11. So, really, not that bad.
    Better than me.
    I feel like I'm running around and getting nothing done.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not too bad, I guess. Just disappointing that I didn't get more of that chapter written. I need to start making more progress on this WIP.

      Most of the time I feel like I'm running around and getting nothing done. At least when I have a mileage goal, I get to write something down.

      Delete
  12. For me, it's not tomorrow, it's always "When I get home I'm going to do this and this and this." And I get home and sit and sit and sit. =\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to say, "When I get home, I'm going to..." a lot. Some times I still say it, but I never believe it. I always end up doing the sitting thing. =)

      Delete
  13. You can always ask your husband to explain the things the "For Dummies" book says. Since it involves computer programming, I'm sure it's full of things that don't make sense.

    Good luck with Chapter 25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question is would I understand the explanation...

      Delete
  14. I have a to-do list a mile long. It's exhausting sometimes. But making doctor's and vet's appointment tends to be put off...I need to do that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put off doctor's appointments for myself, to the point where I almost never make them at all. I'm usually pretty good about the vet, though. This particular appointment took a while to make just because I really didn't want to have to find a new vet. And I hope it works out because I don't want to have to look for another one. It's a small town, after all.

      Delete
  15. I know all about that tomorrow. It looms ahead of me every day. One of my goals at the beginning of the year was to fix my website. I still haven't done that! Good luck with yours. I'll get to mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's when I'm going to do my website, too! ;)

      Delete
  16. Love the tomorrow thing. So true. And I was going to say have your SO help with the website, but I see from a previous comment that this might be an issue. Maybe you could sketch him out what you want done (on paper) and see if he can...

    Well, anyway, good luck with your goals for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to get frustrated with each other rather quickly because I don't understand half the stuff that comes out of his mouth. And it's probably even more than half, but I'm going to pretend otherwise. I can ask him for a little help here and there, but I need to do the majority of this project on my own. For more reasons than one.

      Delete
  17. I hate to argue with you, but I'm the worst jogger ever.

    Just so you know.

    And I would say that even opening ch 25 and then 8 hours later closing it without adding or deleting anything would still count. Since this has happened to me on more than one occasion. It still counts, dammit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I wanted to be the worst jogger ever! Well, all right, maybe not wanted, but still...

      And if that's all I have to do to Chapter 25 to fulfill my goal this week, then I'm already done! Woo Hoo!

      Delete
  18. I want to know how to get to tomorrow. Maybe someone will invent a machine...

    I like your fitness goal. I should do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh. A machine to get to tomorrow would be awesome. I definitely want one of those.

      Delete
  19. That "tomorrow" thing is for me when I think of my homework.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Back in the days when I still had homework. Now I just have a different kind of homework.

      Delete
  20. I love that quote about "tomorrow!" Too true. Good on you for getting out and getting those miles done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fitness goals are great! Sorry to hear about the shin splints, but at least you're moving, which is more than I can say for myself.

    I'm sure your computer guy significant other can set you up with a nice WYSIWYG editor, and then all you'll need is creativity to whip up a spectacular website. Looking forward to seeing it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are making progress!!!!! It sounds exciting...the book related. Looking for a vet, not so much.
    Way to go with the jogging!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm hijacking that 'tomorrow' quote. And reading your tweets - the formatting one, specifically - had me laughing and wincing at the same time. Cheers! Diana at About Myself By Myself

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm always thinking of tomorrow and gritting my teeth about how I wasn't productive that day or the previous day. But many times I stick to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete